Michelin Lithion 2

rubertoe
rubertoe Posts: 3,994
edited June 2013 in Commuting chat
Anyone using them.

I'm in need of a couple of new tyre and have a tight budget, they get a pretty good review from the guys at Bikeradar.

But what are they like in the real world?
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills

Comments

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    rubertoe wrote:
    Anyone using them.

I'm in need of a couple of new tyre and have a tight budget, they get a pretty good review from the guys at Bikeradar.

But what are they like in the real world?

Last year Michelin were giving them away free with every set of Pro3 or Pro4... I got a pair but haven't used them yet but supposed to be alright...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,911
    I got one on the rear about a month ago and seem to have been getting a lot of punctures since (maybe 4 punctures in 250 miles) and one reasonably sizeable cut - perhaps I've just been unlucky or my commute was littered with glass for some reason over the last couple of weeks.
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    rubertoe, here is your answer:
    vermin wrote:
    mroli wrote:
    DAD20 - £20 off baskets of more than £50 at Evans. Includes on sale items.

Good find. Shame Evans are out of stock of the jerseys I'd have bought on this deal. Still have a £100 Evans voucher knocking around that I've not got round to using due to their poor stock situation.

Indeed, super stuff mroli, thanks. A pair of GP4000ss delivered for under 40 notes sound like good business.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    I've got one out of the spares box recently and put it on the back of my commuter, no p----tres so far and good rolling and grip, may put one on the front as well

I have them on my best bike and have had similar experience, one or two punctures but they were from sharp bits of glass that would get through most things

as far as I can tell they are the pro3 rubber layer and puncture resistance but with a slightly less flash carcass
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    I have them on my bike. No complaints here.
  • denniskwok
    denniskwok Posts: 339
    I recently bought a pair of 23s and have put 120miles on them so far. They ride a little more dead than my Ultremo R.1s, but are a bargain for only £12.50 each and a weight of 230g ech.
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    I had a 23c set on one of my road bikes last year and had constant punctures. OK, so the roads can be crappy during the autumn and winter, but I ride regular routes, and the Lithions seemed to puncture where other tyres did not. I appreciate there may be many variables involved, but I ended up replacing them and frankly would not try another set.
    Nothing against Michelin or Lithions, but that was my honest experience with them.
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    For the money they are good. They ride very well. Keep them at pressure and you won't get many punctures. They do wear quite quickly, but at that price it's not a biggie.