Le Tour Drugbusts

Vino'sGhost
Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
edited June 2013 in Pro race
Ok 10points for naming the Rider withdrawn from the race either 1 week before, during, or announced up to 1 week after the race. riders announced second and subsequently get 9 points and falling.
10 Points for naming the nationality with the most drug announcements. points for lower placed nationalities in descending order
10 points for announcing the team with the most drug busts. Descending points as above.

All cats get points down to tenth place.

Winner the BR pundit with the highest score. 3 votes per category max

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    edited June 2013
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Alessando Ballan
    Italy
    Lampre
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Chris Froome
    Britain
    Sky

Oh, you are in a naughy pre-wedding mood :)
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Chris Froome
    Britain
    Sky

Oh, you are in a naughy pre-wedding mood :)

:wink:

Ok, real pick:

Cadel Evans
    Spain
    Euskaltel
  • domhopson
    domhopson Posts: 259
    Froome
    Italy
    US Postal - Sorry Team Sky
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Contador
    Spain
    Cofidis
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    ??
    Russia
    Katusha
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,399
    Contador
    Spain
    Saxo Tinkoff
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Andy Schleck
    Italy
    Vacansoleil

I'm expecting a dirty edition this year.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    prawny wrote:
    Andy Schleck
    Italy
    Vacansoleil

I'll be the first to say that if these lot have been up to it already this season they need a refund.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    prawny wrote:
    Andy Schleck
    Italy
    Vacansoleil

Just a quick question. Is that because you think there will be more dirty riders or because they are getting better at catching them?
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    prawny wrote:
    Andy Schleck
    Italy
    Vacansoleil

Just a quick question. Is that because you think there will be more dirty riders or because they are getting better at catching them?

Bit of both. Andy needs to perform on the big stage, Vacansoleil need to bag a sponsor sharpish and Italians are crazy.

Those things combined with the new epo tests I reckon we could be in for a bumper haul of small name busts, maybe a couple of biggies.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Cleanest sport in the world!!!! Lol!
  • Richmond Racer
    Joelsim wrote:

Dont worry, both the men and women's French Open finals have just been won by 2 tennis players around whom rumours have been swirling for some considerable time.

Oh and look, Justin Gatlin's just beaten Bolt in a 100m race.

Now have you started reading one of those books I recommended to you about cycling, that are not solely based around blood bags and EPO syringes sticking out of riders arms? Hmmm...?
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Joelsim wrote:

Dont worry, both the men and women's French Open finals have just been won by 2 tennis players around whom rumours have been swirling for some considerable time.

quote]

Glad I'm not alone in raising an eyebrow at a player, out of the game for 8 months with injury, coming back and winning a major competition.
  • yourpaceormine
    Almost forgot

Ballan
    a tie between Italy and Spain
    Vacansoleil
  • joelsim
    Joelsim wrote:

Oh and look, Justin Gatlin's just beaten Bolt in a 100m race.

Now have you started reading one of those books I recommended to you about cycling, that are not solely based around blood bags and EPO syringes sticking out of riders arms? Hmmm...?

I have no doubt that doping is a large part of many many sports, to be honest I don't even know who won the French Open, I have no interest in tennis. Pretty sure Bolt is on it too, in my opinion, the Jamaicans are just too good at the moment, en masse.
  • yourpaceormine
    Tennis is something you watch the last half hour of, because it has over run into the scheduled slot for a cycle race on Eurosport.
    You can of course substitute snooker, motorbike racing, curling, beach volleyball, handball for 'tennis'
  • joelsim
    Tennis is something you watch the last half hour of, because it has over run into the scheduled slot for a cycle race on Eurosport.
    You can of course substitute snooker, motorbike racing, curling, beach volleyball, handball for 'tennis'

Not sure beach volleyball deserves to be in there with those others
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Joelsim wrote:

There's no mutual exclusivity between the regular catching of cheats and being cleaner than other sports. Not saying cycling has definitely nailed this one yet but your insinuation is flawed. You assume all sports tackle doping with equal vigour to infer any link.

Unless of course you believe a sport (any sport) can be 100% devoid of cheating.
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    Peter Sagan
    France
    Cannondale
  • Vino'sGhost
    ok i shall need a spreadsheet, with PED based pivot tables. you cynical lot :lol::lol::lol:
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    ok i shall need a spreadsheet, with PED based pivot tables. you cynical lot :lol::lol::lol:
    What the Hell did you expect as we have all got thick skins now that we not only don't believe politicians but very little else.
    TV has so much super imposed rubbish that they even need cartoons of animals for adverts and Pop Music is mainly synchronised voice overs.
    For reality I sit in the park and watch the birds or in a car park to watch them park and then drive off which can be hilarious.
    The farce of cycle racing will not be resolved until the fat controller McQuid is put to pasture. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Walter White
    Walter White Posts: 238
    Toss up between Valverde and A Schleck, i'll go Schleck.

Spain

Movistar.
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730

You've suggested up to 10 drug busts :wink:
  • Richmond Racer
    FatTed wrote:

That's been doing the rounds for ages.

Also the name of David Ferrer - Nadal's oppo in the final at Roland Garros this year - gets linked to good old Del Moral of USADA ban fame, and who worked at Spain’s TenisVal Academy with Ferrer and others
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Schleck
    Spain
    Movistar

...although that is my dream scenario rather than a true expectation.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Schleck
    Spain
    Movistar

...although that is my dream scenario rather than a true expectation.

Odds on though

Ok how do i publish the spreadsheet? its like an unsavoury version of the PTP :)