XX1 Style Chainrings

mcnultycop
mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
edited June 2013 in MTB buying advice
It seems that a few companies are getting in on the game with the alternating teeth style chainrings like SRAM XX1. I quite like the idea of one for the Canyon. I'm looking at Wolftooth Componentsat the moment, but I understand Raceface and others are developing similar. The Wolf Tooth one was (but doesn't now seem to be) available in 28t, which would probably make sense for me personally, although a 30t could be OK.

Has anyone had any experience of these?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    A few people on the weight weenies webiste have tried them and expressed themselves happy, one was running 1x10 and did it without a damped mech and still reckons the chain stayed put!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    most interesting thing on that site
    Note that the 30T chainring is threaded
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    It that because it wouldn't fit in the bcd with the 'nut'?
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I did wonder about that, actually. What are the implications of it being threaded?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    I've just started running works components new chainring and its superb! Well recommended.