Schwinn Le Tour

kyletak
kyletak Posts: 2
edited June 2013 in Your road bikes
Not the prettiest bike around, but she gets me from A to B without fail.
Sorry for the crummy picture quality!

vYxBgZj.jpg

SvoAd6p.jpg

R8beYq6.jpg

99NrJj7.jpg

bPWlLX5.jpg

NKezuZk.jpg

HWWMa3t.jpg

and here's my roommate's awesome doberman!
pBsxYk7.jpg

Hey everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. I have been using this '08 or '09 Schwinn Le Tour for the past four years to commute to class at the University of Georgia. However, now that I have graduated and luckily found a job in Atlanta, I plan to start using the bike more recreationally in order to stay fit rather than to commute. I have so many questions that I don't even know a good place to begin..

I guess my first question would be, would this bike be suitable to upgrade? By that I mean, potentially upgrading the components to either the 2013 Sora, Tiagra, or even 105? I find that I never use the smallest cog on the front and have thought about changing this to a double versus the current triple. Additionally with the new Sora/Tiagra/105 cassette I would potentially change from the current 8 spd to a 9 or 10 spd. Maybe upgrade the wheelset? Stem? Handlebars? Saddle? I guess my biggest question would be, is this bike suitable to upgrade? Or, would I be better off saving around 1,200 for a new/used bike?

Comments

• PHILATHAM
    PHILATHAM Posts: 50
    truthfully, I would polish up the bits with scratches and keep on going with what you have. I have a Giant scr3 with tiagra shifters and rear mech , but the same crank as yours. I do sometimes need the small ring so you never know when you might. Other than that this is a nice looking bike. I doubt you would notice the difference in the shifting by changing to tiagra.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458