Fork advice Giant Trance x

PashleyRider
PashleyRider Posts: 180
edited June 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hello, I have a Giant Trance X5 with some Reba Teams fitted to it currently. I am finding them a bit short for the bike (115mm travel) and I think going to some 130-140mm forks would be a good plan as I am finding my BB is quite low and many other riders seem to be using 130-140mm on theirs. I use the bike for trail center style riding and like doing the rougher stuff.

What I would like to know is what fork should I go for? Also I would like to know how much my current Reba Team dual air U turns with remote lockout are worth? They work perfectly, but the lowers are scratched from pedals scraping against them.

Something of similar quality to the Rebas would be great (adjustable travel isn't essential, lockout of some form would be very useful though). I currently have 9mm dropouts but would be happy to upgrade to 15/20mm if necessary (rebuilding my wheels not an issue). I definitely want air forks again!

Ideally I do not want to spend a great amount (£200ish budget currently) but I will save up and spend the extra if necessary. I think going secondhand/doing a swap or PX might be my best bet financially. I do not care if the forks are super modern, just want decent function.

Cheers in advance!

EDIT: These look spot on for the price...

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FORSSEKRL15/rockshox_sektor_rl_150mm_solo_air

Comments