Truvativ chainset replacement

Wookie78
Wookie78 Posts: 4
edited June 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all just joined the site and wondered if someone could assist me in getting the correct crank for my bike. I have a Kona Scrap 2007 model Size 17" frame and after a wee riding accident I have to renew my crank but seeing I'm a newbie to cycling I need assistance in getting the correct size and also gearing. It's a TruVativ Hussefelt - Howitzer crank arm. I can attach a picture if that helps any

Cheers

Graham

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so what are you wanting to replace?

crank arms? you need Howitzer fitting.

look on the back of the arms for length. rings count the teeth.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Wookie78
    I'm looking at replacing the broken chainset, i know that its an isis drive and 175mm its got two rings for downhill i was wanting to replace it with 3 rings. I appologise for my lack of knowledge :)
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Wookie78 wrote:
    I'm looking at replacing the broken chainset, i know that its an isis drive and 175mm its got two rings for downhill i was wanting to replace it with 3 rings. I appologise for my lack of knowledge :)
    NO it is NOT ISIS it is Howitzer as you have already said.

in that case bin it al and get a three ring crankset like a Shimano Deore one.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Wookie78
    That's what is confusing me, I went out and bought a shimano deore today, will need to go to a bike shop to get the bottom bracket off as I don't have the tool to remove the old one. Many thanks for the help
  • PashleyRider
    PashleyRider Posts: 180
    Buy the tools, it'll be cheaper in the long run than getting the shop to do it every time