Aero Bars and Longleat

willdoyle
willdoyle Posts: 9
edited June 2013 in MTB general
Hi guys,

Been a while since I posted here and was on my old login but for the life of me can not remember what it was to login, Username was BungalowBill for anyone who may have know me.

Anyways good to be back and as per looking for some advice :shock:

Back on the bike after a few years of injury and generally being rubbish, looks like my DH days are over well the hard stuff anyways.

Just picked up some Thule Aero bars and a thule 591 carrier for the bargain price of 125quid all in :)

Going to longleat next week with the family so first chance to get it all used, now how far apart do I want to be placing the cross bars on the car, its a kia cee'd SW with pre installed bars for the cross sections.

As always any help would be greatly appreciated.

TY

Bill :D

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It tells you in the instructions. If you don't have them they are on the website.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • willdoyle
    Yes I am aware of the instructions with pictures and only wording saying 'Min 700' which is very vague, after anyone who uses this setup and what they have settled on. TY though :)
  • cooldad
    Min 700mm seems very specific to me.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • willdoyle
    Specific for non perfectionist non engineering types, if i took my job as min 700 and that was it planes would fall out the sky, and Im not after a set amount from a paperwork, I want some first hand feedback.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I'd say 699 is too low. 700 and up would be OK.
  • cooldad
    willdoyle wrote:
    Specific for non perfectionist non engineering types, if i took my job as min 700 and that was it planes would fall out the sky, and Im not after a set amount from a paperwork, I want some first hand feedback.
    Huh? As a perfectionist engineering type you prefer advice from random internet mongs rather than OCD Scandanavian engineers?
    I hope I never travel in a plane you sorted out using Google.
    FWIW mine are about 650mm as my car has a short roof and so far the world hasn't ended. Yet.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • willdoyle
    O I take the advice serioulsy lol, but I also know that things vary dependant on car type bike type ect ect, and first hand experience is always a +1 on top of the OCD guides :-)

And you should know most faults that we can;t work out or parts we cant order generally get found on google lol
  • Bishbosh10
    Bishbosh10 Posts: 268
    Can't see it really matters - 5 minutes in the monkey enclosure at Longleat and they'll be history anyway!! :D
    2011 Giant Trance Ltd, 2016 Revs, XT bits etc.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Bishbosh10 wrote:
    Can't see it really matters - 5 minutes in the monkey enclosure at Longleat and they'll be history anyway!! :D

The monkey enclosure is closed, they have got herpes (closed group for over 20 years and they suddenly get VD :shock: )
    I hope your feeling rich, Longleat is a VERY expensive day out, £150 is about minimum for a family of four for the day and if you take your own food you have to eat it in the car park!
    On the bright side the single track in Longleat forest is in top condition at the moment.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    The locking 'feet' on the 591 carriers move anyway. So as long as your bats aren't so far apart that the carriers don't fit you should be good