Pub garden sunday

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,873
edited June 2013 in The Crudcatcher
well it would be rude not too!

But first it's a ride with the lads which will get the weekly mileage up to 350 as I start to train for JOG to LE. Should really knock the pub visits on the head if I want to get the weight down - but life is about balance :)

Will also fit in cycling with the kids, some work and the GP

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Relaxing at home today, no bikes because I've only got the orange around and no pedals, shoes or inclination to fix it up to a rideable condition… so today will mostly be relaxing, I hear there's tennis on, and the DH then the F1 this evening. I'm quite happy with that.

This will leave me with plenty of time for plotting and scheming the next build… thinking of turning the 456 into a rigid singlespeed bikepacking machine in an attempt to bring some hippie balance back to the roadie undertones that are coming through.

TTFN
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Morning future stalkees.

Chilling in the garden, but have a BB to replace later, then much burnt meat will be consumed.

Hugs x
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning ladies,

Finish up my tubeless set up today, go view a flat and sadly not stalk cmc this weekend. Busy day.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning twunts!

Lazy start to the day, just got the bacons on and was intrigued to see the bacons packet is resealable!!! Why would you reseal an empty packet?

Cloudy here so a top excuse for catching up on recorded telly.

Toodle pip.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Just got back from FOD with northern monkey and Squarepants. Now sat in the garden eating lunch.

Laters
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Afternoon Losers!
    Well yesterdays Rail Ale Trail was fantastic! Spent the day looking at steam trains, beautiful women and had lovely proper beer. The night ended when I got home and fell asleep in an armchair with the lights on, mid text :lol: Went to bed at 3am.
    Today I'm feeling good, I had a rough patch a couple of hours ago, but I'm fine now. That said, I don't think I'll be drinking for a while now, at least til Tuesday!
    Carnival is town, so I'm avoiding town. No idea what to do hmm

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Morning slags

The missus went out to her parents earlier on, so I cleaned the whole house from top to bottom, in order to gain brownie points and let me spend all afternoon in the garden with some beers on. Feel a right sense of well being now :)
    2011 carrera fury
    2012 20" onza genesis trials bike
    2014 carrera virtuoso road bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    bg13 wrote:
    got the bacons on and was intrigued to see the bacons packet is resealable!!! Why would you reseal an empty packet?
    Probably because some wierdos don't eat a whole packet of bacon in one go. Jeez, there are some real freaks out there !

Afternoon Saddle Sniffers,

Fuzzy head this morning due to one Irish coffee too many after last nights Chinese pig-out. Missed out on bike play today when junior refused to go biking and I was forced to take her to a ferkin' horse riding lesson. I can see my wallet getting a beating over the next few weeks if this carries on :evil: At least I got a load of shizzle done that had been hanging around for ages and managed a huge bacon & egg butty plus a bucket of coffee for lunch.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    bg13 wrote:
    Morning twunts!

Lazy start to the day, just got the bacons on and was intrigued to see the bacons packet is resealable!!! Why would you reseal an empty packet.
    I feel the same about screw cap wine!
    Took the 7 year old out on an all afternoon ride and gave him a taste of traveling downhill off road, much squealing, laughing and fun was had, he even had a couple of offs and an otb, all of which he laughed off and carried on. Think he's caught the bug, it brought a tear to my eye.
    Onward to rum
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Well today i was 5 minutes off my fastest time this year round cwm, with my new tyres and tubeless. not bad when at car park 2 i snapped my gear cable so was stuck in top gear! so had to push up all the climbs! Found a new gear cable so fit that tomorrow and hopefully smoke it!