kendobarron Posts: 43
edited July 2013 in Amateur race
First one tomorrow and music motivates me. :D

Comments

• maryka
    maryka Posts: 748
    http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/Inf ... fault.aspx

19. Awareness of Surroundings

(a) Competitors must not wear head/earphones associated with audio equipment except hearing aids.

So the answer is no, if it's a CTT event.
  • Wel that answers that question. Thanks guys. Looks like ill just have to humm.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Wel that answers that question. Thanks guys. Looks like ill just have to humm.

if you don't wash after training you'll humm even better! ;)
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Is there a Darwin Awards thread?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • On my drive / ride commute this morning, I saw one of the more senior member of the Whiteoaks Tri Club riding in the inside lane of the A2 between Dartford and Bexley, (one of the major arterial routes in to London).

Crossing Blackheath later he came past me, so I caught up and suggested that riding along the A2 was probably not the safest bike route to work. His response, the traffic on the side roads slowed him down too much, he'd tried riding on the hard shoulder but got too many punctures and anyway what he is doing is not illegal. With that, he bid him farewell and left him to ride on.

Another possible contender for a Darwin Award Honourable Mention sometime in the not too distant future.
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    First one tomorrow and music motivates me. :D

If you're doing a TT properly, you wouldn't even notice the music
  • Neil Buckley
    Neil Buckley Posts: 334
    It's hard enough to hear in a TT when your blowing out your arse and got a pointy helmet on, so with music blasting in your ears an you end up under a car you didnt hear comming, then your a bloody idiot. It's dangerous, please don't try doing it, even normally riding a bike with headphones on is stupid.
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • It's hard enough to hear in a TT when your blowing out your ars* and got a pointy helmet on, so with music blasting in your ears an you end up under a car you didnt hear comming, then your a bloody idiot. It's dangerous, please don't try doing it, even normally riding a bike with headphones on is stupid.

1. *you're* not your!!

2. I didn't find it hard at all to hear. And I seriously doubt the two points you have raised about blowing from my bum or wearing a helmet with a point would affect my hearing.

3. *coming* not comming!!

4. You are stupid.
  • Neil Buckley
    Neil Buckley Posts: 334
    If your referring to the fact that I rely on a iPhone spell checker because I have difficulties with English and 3 years ago I was diagnosed with dyslexia and couldn't even spell or write never mind use the net, then yes I'm stupid.

Also the fact you came back with a personal dig instead of some facts , 99% of aero helmets cover your ears hence making hearing hard, especially with the selector I wear makes very hard to hear and see and sweating breathing hard doesn't help and seeing someone going under a car last year at speed resulting in them dying. But yer go ahead.

And if you need music to motivate you when racing your not doing it right.

I look forward to you showing again what a troll you are.
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • If your referring to the fact that I rely on a iPhone spell checker because I have difficulties with English and 3 years ago I was diagnosed with dyslexia and couldn't even spell or write never mind use the net, then yes I'm stupid.

I wasn't referring to this. How could I possibly have been referring to this, having never met you in my entire life. WOW. That is ONE BIG LEAP in assumption my friend.

Also the fact you came back with a personal dig instead of some facts , 99% of aero helmets cover your ears hence making hearing hard, especially with the selector I wear makes very hard to hear and see and sweating breathing hard doesn't help and seeing someone going under a car last year at speed resulting in them dying. But yer go ahead.

You called me an idiot. Don't give it if you cant take it.

I think i might not have done it right. I only cycled a 28 mins 01 second. If only I could have had Whigfield on my portable tape deck I'm sure I could have broken the 25 minute barrier

I look forward to you showing again what a troll you are.[/quote]

This comment just defies logic. The amount of irony in this one little quote is hilarious, considering you were sensitive to the fact you were being insulted :shock:

Can we please close this thread. Neil Buckley has better things to do with his time.

Darwin
  • LegendLust
    If your referring to the fact that I rely on a iPhone spell checker because I have difficulties with English and 3 years ago I was diagnosed with dyslexia and couldn't even spell or write never mind use the net, then yes I'm stupid.

I wasn't referring to this. How could I possibly have been referring to this, having never met you in my entire life. WOW. That is ONE BIG LEAP in assumption my friend.

I think i might not have done it right. I only cycled a 28 mins 01 second. If only I could have had Whigfield on my portable tape deck I'm sure I could have broken the 25 minute barrier

This comment just defies logic. The amount of irony in this one little quote is hilarious, considering you were sensitive to the fact you were being insulted :shock:

Can we please close this thread. Neil Buckley has better things to do with his time.

Darwin[/quote]

As I mentioned and Neil Buckley is alluding to - if you're doing a TT properly and I mean going full gas and really concentrating on hurting then you wouldn't even notice the music in your ears. Use music by all means for motivation if you're warming up on rollers/turbo but it would be a waste of time when you're racing.
  • LegendLust wrote:

Darwin

As I mentioned and Neil Buckley is alluding to - if you're doing a TT properly and I mean going full gas and really concentrating on hurting then you wouldn't even notice the music in your ears. Use music by all means for motivation if you're warming up on rollers/turbo but it would be a waste of time when you're racing.[/quote]

I know. I realise the error of my question after doing a time trial. Thanks for the heads up. However I've decided TT's aren't for me. I'm going to give other types of racing a go instead. After recent experience I think I enjoy riding in a group more.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Road racing isn't about riding with a group. It's about trying to keep up whilst not wiping out/being wiped out by the cat 7's. It's beyond nerve-wracking and not easy.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • LegendLust
    Grill wrote:
    Road racing isn't about riding with a group. It's about trying to keep up whilst not wiping out/being wiped out by the cat 7's. It's beyond nerve-wracking and not easy.

:?: The OP was asking about using earphones whilst racing in a time trial?
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Yes but then he said the following:
    I know. I realise the error of my question after doing a time trial. Thanks for the heads up. However I've decided TT's aren't for me. I'm going to give other types of racing a go instead. After recent experience I think I enjoy riding in a group more.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • ill just stick to social rides with my children down the coast.

Please please close this thread mods. It's gone beyond pointless now.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    ill just stick to social rides with my children down the coast.

You can wear headphones for social rides.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    GiantMike wrote:

Now that would be stupid, how can one be socialble while wearing headphones?
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    drlodge wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:

Now that would be stupid, how can one be socialble while wearing headphones?

You've clearly never been to a silent disco
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • duplicate