garmin- how do I remove micro sd

Davem22
Davem22 Posts: 52
edited June 2013 in The cake stop
Hi guys,

Dont know if i'm in the right forum here.

Just bought a garmin 800 and city navigator maps which came in a micro sd card inside a normal sd card. How the hell do i get it out of the mormal sd

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34082836@N08/8989444192/

Dave

Comments

• Davem22
    Mod. Please remove the previous 2 posts, dont know how I've got 3 active.

Cheers
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    not really au fait with technology :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Trinafour
    Trinafour Posts: 36
    The only way is strong fingers. The micro sd-card is a very tight fit inside what looks to be a normal SD card but is only an adaptor. You will the micro sd-card out from the end that doesnt have the metal contacts.
  • Davem22
    Got it out,had to grip with my teeth,no kidding. No way this was coming out with finger nails.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Pictures please!
  • Davem22 wrote:
    Got it out,had to grip with my teeth,no kidding. No way this was coming out with finger nails.
    Please tell me you tried pushing it in until it went click, then gently removing it once the clips had released...
    Mangeur
  • freezing77
    freezing77 Posts: 731
    Davem22 wrote:
    Please tell me you tried pushing it in until it went click, then gently removing it once the clips had released...

All the ones I have used do not work like that and we are talking sd to micro sd adaptors from Kingston, PNY to name just two makes. I have used maybe two dozen different ones as part of my tutorials.

Of course it is different to how they are held in devices where it is push to release.