You have no excuses for not riding on Saturday thread

97th choice
97th choice Posts: 2,222
edited June 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Sun splitting the trees here, a bit stiff and sore after my first sea kayaking session of the year.

However, there will be bacon soon, bike fettling and single track ripping later. Life is good.
Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
Radon ZR 27.5 Race
Btwin Alur700
Merida CX500

Comments

• 97th choice
    And Wales thirds just beat Japan

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Today will involve riding in some capacity, probably watch some of the bikefest.

Will also be playing with the suspension, it's shocking that i've never had an extensive look at the setup
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Today is something, just haven't decided what. All I know is it will involve family time, cycling time and pub time - obviously
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    I have an excuse for not cycling, my head is splitting!

My minion turned up late for work yesterday, and ended up missing her own leaving presentation! :roll: We did it at the end of the day though and then carried on drinking for another 6 hours or so before having to catch the train.

Great night, and I don't feel too bad today, just a crackin' headache. The idea of bikes is unappealing, we'll see if that changes.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • 97th choice
    Are you ever not drunk, or not recovering?

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Its only binge drinking if you stop!

Morning crudders,

Having five weeks off the pop in afghan has robbed me of my previously impressive bar fitness! Thurs night i was getting put to bed at seven pm, had started at midday to be fair! Yesterday was a write off and today i feel on top form!

But what to do!

Laters.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Finally put new springs in the rear hub, all four of them were encased in brown sludge and had all snapped.
    Perfect weather for getting out to test if its fixed, going to load the mp3 player up with new tunes and make the most of it!
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

A hefty day at work for me so no riding. Probably a good thing after crashing yesterday. Was ragging it around Sherwood Pines to avoid the boredom of the place and managed to hit a tree. These dusty trails don't half chafe.

Laters
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    Morning Saddle Sniffers,

Been up and about early to get the ankle biters passport application in so we can actually go on holiday in August. In a bit I'm off down my local bike shop to get some energy gels n stuff for next sundays London brighton that I got roped into. Probably won't get to play bikes today but might try to watch a bit of the DH.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tudj
    tudj Posts: 254
    I've got a good excuse for not riding, I'm off to the airport in 30mins

Flying out to Morocco for a week of this:

1893065108_0e3884cd26.jpg

:D

We might be able to squeeze in a quick ride tonight if we get our bikes built in good time!

/shameless gloat
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    I'm not sure if this is aimed at me or Matthew H, but I don't really drink that much normally, just these last few weeks have been Birthday bashes and leaving do's. As it turns out, I'm now on my way to Bury to join the Rail Ale Trail, so I'll be having a few more proper pints today :mrgreen:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Today might be spent trying to hang a wheelie for more than 2 seconds, need my skills working on. Failing that i'll sit indoors and eat too much food.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    well the weekend is sucking, in an attempt to put the handlebars slightly lower, I've broken the bike and had no other plans outside of riding. I didn't even know said part existed...
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Quite a mixed day.

Got shot of my BMX for £60, quite chuffed as i advertised it on my facebook for £40, but was popular, so it went to £60. That gives me a bit of money to get a fork and possibly a headset for my build.

Had to fix two punctures today...boring. But still got out on a ride none the less. (up and down the road :wink:) its still riding! No bike riding for atleast 2 days though. Still have a terrible pain in my back which makes riding very painful. Bit annoyed with the fact that Kimi qualified 9th... so thats the bad bits of today!

Happy Saturday!
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Do you actually ride your bike anywhere that can be called "mountain biking"?
  • gt-arrowhead
    Yes i do. Ive only been out on trails (if you would consider that) like 7-8 times. Going to be going near enough every day during the summer though. Tbh, i only went offroading properly for the first time about 2 months ago. So its early days for me.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Do you actually ride your bike anywhere that can be called "mountain biking"?

He doesn't even own what could be called a mountain bike :lol:
  • gt-arrowhead
    :lol: If you go back about 20 years, then i do! Its not wearing slicks anymore btw :wink:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    I'm not sure if this is aimed at me or Matthew H,

Don't bring me into your issues :)
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I spent today in beautiful sunshine at Gisburn Forest trail centre, on somebody elses two and a half grand bike - my legs are pooped (again), but today was a good day (as Ice Cube said).