Other owners of a Thomson Seatpost here at Bike Radar ?

Raffles
Raffles Posts: 1,137
edited June 2013 in Road general
Ive got short legs for my height and I have to use an inline seatpost to get everything in the right place in relation to the bottom bracket and the seatpost gripping the centre of the saddle rails. I had been using a seatpost I wont hear a bad word about as it served me very faithfully , a bikehut inline type. After purchasing the short sleeve jersey of my dreams, the Santini Cima Coppi, I decided Id like a really high quality seatpost. Id read not a bad word about the Thomson Inline so I knew what to go for straight away. £59 delivered from CRC and it arrived at my home 2 weeks ago. The weight comparison with the old trusty bikehut was immediately obvious as the Thomson felt feather light by comparison. It was a breeze to install and attaching the saddle, levelling it and setting fore/aft was childsplay. To say that post holds the seat in position in a vicelike grip is an understatement as my saddle has not budged one iota. Killer build quality, lightweight, bulletproof warranty, built to last for ages and a stonking price.......how can a buyer lose with a Thomson !!

Who else uses a Thomson and how are you finding yours ?
2012 Cannondale CAAD 8 105

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    really? maybe you could start a facebook group.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,610
    Seatpost (although I use SDG now - which arent as good) and stem. Good solid, nicely designed stuff
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Would this be suitable for someone with a 36 inch waist?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • themekon
    themekon Posts: 197
    Thomson seatpost and stem. Fitted to my best bike. As you say brilliant pieces of kit and you get that neat little bag to put things in :lol:
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Good seatposts but they look industrial.
  • Raffles
    Bozman wrote:

industrial ?

I think they look like a seatpost :?
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Bozman wrote:

I think that's the appeal. They are really well made. Have the layback Elite seatpost and X4 stem on my Stumpy. excellent fit and forget bits of kit. Would probably prefer a carbon seatpost on my road bike though for a little more buzz absorbtion
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Bozman
    Raffles wrote:
    Bozman wrote:

industrial ?

It looks like it was designed to do the job of a seatpost but it's aesthetically poor. They belong on a mountain bike.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    next week: valve caps
  • Raffles
    edited June 2013
    Bozman wrote:
    Raffles wrote:
    Bozman wrote:

industrial ?

It looks like it was designed to do the job of a seatpost but it's aesthetically poor. They belong on a mountain bike.

couldn't disagree more, they belong on a bike which fits a given rider and satisfies his needs
  • Raffles
    themekon wrote:
    Thomson seatpost and stem. Fitted to my best bike. As you say brilliant pieces of kit and you get that neat little bag to put things in :lol:

I have seatposts that I don't use in the Thomson bag :lol:
  • Bozman
    Raffles wrote:
    Bozman wrote:
    Raffles wrote:
    Bozman wrote:

industrial ?

couldn't disagree more, they belong on a bike which fits a given rider

I'd say that you'd get away with one on a titanium frame, the layback post looks like a plumber has angled a bit of tube with his pipe bending vice.
    It's personal choice and the world would be shite without it.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,610
    I only use them on the MTB, but my road bike is a big mish mash as it's not the important one

The MTB is Ti, and I have to agree with Boz that they do look particularly spiffing on Ti Frames...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Imposter wrote:
    next week: valve caps

:lol:
  • NewTTer
    NewTTer Posts: 463
    Raffles wrote:
    Ive got short legs for my height and I have to use an inline seatpost to get everything in the right place in relation to the bottom bracket and the seatpost gripping the centre of the saddle rails. I had been using a seatpost I wont hear a bad word about as it served me very faithfully , a bikehut inline type. After purchasing the short sleeve jersey of my dreams, the Santini Cima Coppi, I decided Id like a really high quality seatpost. Id read not a bad word about the Thomson Inline so I knew what to go for straight away. £59 delivered from CRC and it arrived at my home 2 weeks ago. The weight comparison with the old trusty bikehut was immediately obvious as the Thomson felt feather light by comparison. It was a breeze to install and attaching the saddle, levelling it and setting fore/aft was childsplay. To say that post holds the seat in position in a vicelike grip is an understatement as my saddle has not budged one iota. Killer build quality, lightweight, bulletproof warranty, built to last for ages and a stonking price.......how can a buyer lose with a Thomson !!

Who else uses a Thomson and how are you finding yours ?
    Why? If someone says they think they are crap, are you going to suddenly dislike yours, or is this just another route for you to fuel your argumenative side which pops up all to often.

Answered it already with your responses to people who were not so favourable in their support of your favourite seat post.

Another Raffles waste of bandwidth!