Fry-Day Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited June 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

TFI Friday! Today is my minions last day, and so I'm sure not work will be done. Luckily it's quiet at the moment, so this isn't a problem. I have to think of something to say to her though. Hmmm

After work there are the mandatory drinks that need consuming. Should be a laugh.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Roasting here, been awake for hours. So will be mostly yawning and bring grumpy today.

Hugs xx
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning bacon chasers.
    Today will be a day of paper chasing, and phone calls :roll:
    Minion and I will be tag teaming the office today so we dont miss parcel deliverys of shiny stuff.
    Full english on the cards today, shake for lunch then i reckon i might treat myself to "food" later?

Onwards to more coffee's!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

good ride last night. I thought i'd give this strava thingy a go. got on the board for 2 segments. not too bad for a pootle. 1 was a climb where I snapped my chain, fixed it and still came 27th, I thought I was a slow climber! :lol:

anyway, I may get out for another ride later as the sun is shining. a bit of work to do before that, so se ya laters
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' exes and double-exes

Day five in Job nouveau, and still not fired. Win.

Learning curve is now sufficiently steep that crampons and harness are required! On the plus side, the canteens full-english smells terrific this morning, so I'll throw myself upon the mercies of Bacons in about 45 mins. Nom.

This weekend will feature no bikes - I'm off to Scotland to work on a rally. However, I'm sorely tempted to drive the extra 3 hours and go to Fort BIll instead! Midges is midges no matter where you are North of the H-dogs Wall. As the wind looks weak and the sun looks strong we're packing a f**k-ton of Skin-so-soft and Jungle Formula!

I sense about 3 hrs of Redbull TV in my future, sometime around Monday evening.....

Onwards! To caffiene! Bacons! Facility Accpetance Tests! And Scootlend! Och aye the noo, etc....
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • welshkev wrote:
    morning all,

good ride last night. I thought i'd give this strava thingy a go. got on the board for 2 segments. not too bad for a pootle. 1 was a climb where I snapped my chain, fixed it and still came 27th, I thought I was a slow climber! :lol:

anyway, I may get out for another ride later as the sun is shining. a bit of work to do before that, so se ya laters
    You do know that Strava records moving time dont you? :lol:

Busy day today, 10 things to do, time to do 5. Fun fun!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    moaning

Up early to prep for a call, as I wanted to cycle in that meant getting up at 4.45 :( Bright side it meant drinking last night didn't matter as I wasn't driving!

Today is lots of calls and a bit of hasstle - followed by hopefully a great cycle home and beer
  • welshkev
    [You do know that Strava records moving time dont you? :lol:

Busy day today, 10 things to do, time to do 5. Fun fun!

yeah, but I guessed as that I was moving around fixing the chain it would still keep recording. if not i'm slow as feck :lol:
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Roasting here, been awake for hours. So will be mostly yawning and being grumpy today.
    ^ This.

Another fine day and only four more hours left to 'work'. I call it that but in reality very little of anything will be done this morning. Might browse the web for some new shiny stuff.

Pub beer garden for food and drinks this evening. Can't wait.

Later......
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    ooooh, strava 'tis a dangerous thing. I started on it as I wanted to track my training progress prior to the Mondraker Gravity Enduro, but I've just gone a bit nuts for it. Nearly blew a lung on two of the climbs yesterday and went at suicidal speeds to try and get some PBs on the downs. It's working though. I'm definitely going quicker.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Morning all

Just glad its friday to be honest, sausage sandwich and coffee has been ordered so not that bad. Had a scare yesterday on the bike with the dog - hes normally brilliant but for some unknown reason he decided to pick a fight with a horse. Running round the horses back feet and barking - I thought he was gunna get a kick to the head straight away. Fu*king jack russles! Learnt my lesson though.

Taters
  • welshkev
    clamps81 wrote:
    ooooh, strava 'tis a dangerous thing. I started on it as I wanted to track my training progress prior to the Mondraker Gravity Enduro, but I've just gone a bit nuts for it. Nearly blew a lung on two of the climbs yesterday and went at suicidal speeds to try and get some PBs on the downs. It's working though. I'm definitely going quicker.

yeah, I got 7th on a descent I was just cruising really. i'll have to hammer it next time as I didn't realise it'd be a segment. mike is 3 places in front of me :lol:
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

Just getting ready to head back to wolves and then do the Monkey this afternoon, P.I.T.A though as I left my rear maxle in the kitchen so ended up driving all the way back last night to get it and drive back again today, but whats done is done and the weather should justify the madness.

In other news....nothing, so if the good lord spares us and the creeks don't rise, our paths shall cross later
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Morning homos.

Not hungover at all this morning. I suspect that's because I got in about 4 hours ago and I'm still quite plssed.

No matter, it's a glorious sunny bank holiday Friday on the IOM, and I'm off to go watch some motormacycleajiggys and top up the alcohol levels.

Onward, to cider, quickly before I start sobering up!
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning all,

Off to the folks tonight as the brother is home a feast will have been prepared so im going to go eat it :)

otherwise last day of work before a week off, it cant shift fast enough.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Boy am I glad it's the end of the week and it's the end of my time I charge! Had an office move around yesterday so I am now sat by the window getting a one sided tan.

Have managed to collect a stack of work to do this weekend while I'm sat in the sun at home. Tomorrow is for haircuts and colouring, Sunday is for running a trail race and lounging at the farm. Bridezilla is coming home but she will be being told that she can shove her list of things to do she has mapped out where the sun don't shine.

Much excitedness for the fact that in 7 days I will be on the Isle of Wight (and the forecast says it is going to be raining!)
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Today started with much win, as 3 people are leaving, my job is safe, as the company won't be making anyone reduntant.

It'll be bright and sunny on the way home but then I've no plans :|
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • VWsurfbum
    new fame and bits have arrived! (not the forks though :( )
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    VWsurfbum wrote:

You got another frame? was it to replace the yt?
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum wrote:

You got another frame? was it to replace the yt?
    Nope its a Whipit, probably build and sell?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Evening Mongs,

B@stard of a week at work, not really stopped since Monday and now totally shagged out so am going to do some vegging with a bottle of something in front of me tonight. Might try to play bikes tomorrow...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Well had an enjoyable ride over Cannock this afternoon and then spur of the moment went for a couple of quiet beers with a mate in wolvo but that went awry and now turns out I'm fairly drunk which means I shall be mostly minging in the morning for my best man stag duties
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Gazlar wrote:
    Well had an enjoyable ride over Cannock this afternoon and then spur of the moment went for a couple of quiet beers with a mate in wolvo but that went awry and now turns out I'm fairly drunk which means I shall be mostly minging in the morning for my best man stag duties

Just have a fri-up and another pint :)