Hey Boys! We ve found Richmond Racer

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,661
edited June 2013 in Pro race

http://www.richmondandtwickenhamtimes.c ... her_thigh/

That's dedication to a username that is!!
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    That explains the wierd love for Porte as well!..
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I do believe in the metropolis you can also find Clitterhouse Road and a place called Back Passage - i'm still looking for the first one :lol:

Apparently Tyler Hamilton used to have his name tatooed on his schlong - but with all the drugs its shrivelled up and just says T..it.. :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Ruuuuuuumbled

And Thom Thom, my love for the little Tassie is deep and unwavering - but there will be no tats to showcase this. Unclass.

:P
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    No self respecting cyclist would have legs that white.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Richmond Racer

Thats a colour peculier only to peeps of these isles - that blue-tinged whiteness...
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406

Surely there'd be a shocking difference line halfway down the thigh, no...?

Only me then. :cry:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • above_the_cows
    ddraver, just out of interest what were you looking for to find this? :?

Is it THAT boring in Algeria or wherever you are?
  • inkyfingers

Thats a colour peculier only to peeps of these isles - that blue-tinged whiteness...

Yes, my wife has legs that colour, in winter they are white and in summer they are burnt.

Thankfully, I have a naturally swarthy complexion, which considering my family is from Wales, I can only assume results from a distant relative having an illicit encounter with someone of Mediterranean origin.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Thankfully, I have a naturally swarthy complexion, which considering my family is from Wales, I can only assume results from a distant relative having an illicit encounter with someone of Merino origin.
    :shock:
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Macaloon wrote:
    Thankfully, I have a naturally swarthy complexion, which considering my family is from Wales, I can only assume results from a distant relative having an illicit encounter with someone of Merino origin.

:D
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Macaloon wrote:

Racist

:wink:
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • above_the_cows
    Thankfully, I have a naturally swarthy complexion, which considering my family is from Wales, I can only assume results from a distant relative having an illicit encounter with someone of Mediterranean origin.

Sailors innit. Cardiff was a big port. Might not even be Mediterranean, could be from any number of places south of the UK. For example did you know there was a large Yemeni community in South Shields because of the ports and the now sadly departed ship building yards and the Yemeni's having a centuries old tradition of being skilled seafarers. Muhammad Ali visited the Yemeni mosque in South Shields in 1977.

I'm auditioning for the 'general knowledge commentator' role. How am I doing?

And less of the sheep associations please Macaloon, some of us aren't just a bit Welsh, we're also a bit Kiwi. :wink:
  • inkyfingers
    Great work on the useless general knowledge, keep it up.

I swear I have some sort of disease, where I can remember who won Paris-Roubaix in 1977 and who scored the the highest unbeaten test innings at Lords, but can't remember what time my daughter's birthday party is on Sunday.

As for the other allegations about my family, all I can say is that nobody in my family has curly hair.
  • above_the_cows

I swear I have some sort of disease, where I can remember who won Paris-Roubaix in 1977 and who scored the the highest unbeaten test innings at Lords, but can't remember what time my daughter's birthday party is on Sunday.

As for the other allegations about my family, all I can say is that nobody in my family has curly hair.

I need the useless general knowledge for when I run out of actually relevant things to say to students when I'm ad-libbing during a lecture.

As for where people come from my husband is often thought to be Italian when in fact he's from Iraq (and Wales and as it happens).
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725

Sailors innit. Cardiff was a big port. Might not even be Mediterranean, could be from any number of places south of the UK. For example did you know there was a large Yemeni community in South Shields because of the ports and the now sadly departed ship building yards and the Yemeni's having a centuries old tradition of being skilled seafarers. Muhammad Ali visited the Yemeni mosque in South Shields in 1977.

I'm auditioning for the 'general knowledge commentator' role. How am I doing?

And less of the sheep associations please Macaloon, some of us aren't just a bit Welsh, we're also a bit Kiwi. :wink:

First mosque in the UK was opened in Glynrhondda Street, Cardiff and registered as a place of worship in 1860. Founded by Yemeni and Somali sailors.

Though of course, the original inhabitants of Wales (before the Celts) were ancient Britons, who were short, stocky and swarthy. So, Inkyfingers, you could be proper, proper Welsh like. Innit.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • above_the_cows
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    First mosque in the UK was opened in Glynrhondda Street, Cardiff and registered as a place of worship in 1860. Founded by Yemeni and Somali sailors.

Though of course, the original inhabitants of Wales (before the Celts) were ancient Britons, who were short, stocky and swarthy. So, Inkyfingers, you could be proper, proper Welsh like. Innit.

Beautiful! :D
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    ddraver, just out of interest what were you looking for to find this? :?

Is it THAT boring in Algeria or wherever you are?

The Communters had it - They think doing 5 laps of Richmond Park is real riding in real country side bless them!

But yeah it's that boring! One week to go....one week :(
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Britain had lots of Italian immigrants (for that era) in the 19th century, good 20,000 odd and a fair few went to Wales.
    Cardiff was well-known for them, but they also ran practically all ice cream and fish-and-chip shops around the coast (where would Rhyl be without them, Cleat Eastwood?) and all the cafés in the valleys (their opening on Sundays was a point of conflict with the native chapel-goers).

Italians also often worked as street organ-grinders and door-to-door knife-sharpeners! Any ability there?

Or how are you on the mandolin? That might be a big clue.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Those are the pastiest legs I have ever seen.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Those legs are positively tanned compared to my wife's! She's from Northern Ireland, and her legs are so white they practically glow in the dark.

I'm also of a slightly swarthier complexion than my Scottish-English heritage would suggest. I seem to get my skin tone from my Scottish Grandfather. My Mum's brother and sister have similar colouring, although my Mum is much paler. As a result of some family tree research by said uncle I also know I have a lady from the West Indies a few generations back on that side of the family, which may well explain it.
  • goonz
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Those legs are positively tanned compared to my wife's! She's from Northern Ireland, and her legs are so white they practically glow in the dark.

Pics or it didnt happen! :mrgreen:
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    I need the useless general knowledge for when I run out of actually relevant things to say to students when I'm ad-libbing during a lecture.
    More like an ancestor from the Spanish Armada that Drake charged into their Invasion Fleet and sent them in a north direction to escape.
    Many of them got around Scotland as they still tried to return to Spain and apparently another major storm hit them off the coast of Wales for many of the fleet to beach there.
    Boom, Boom.
    I've just checked Wiki (as I know you will) which has a different story to the one I was taught, where the Fleet was in such disarray that each captain made his own way and many came past the Isle of Man. (shelter from the North Atlantic)
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Richmond Racer
    You dont get lessons in history, philosophy, physics, chemistry, biology, aeronautics or sociology from any old cycling forum.

BR.

PROUD.

:)
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    goonz wrote:
    You haven't seen mine, I'm like one of those glass frogs with no skin pigment. Burn as soon as I look at the sun!
  • goonz
    Paul 8v wrote:
    goonz wrote:
    You haven't seen mine, I'm like one of those glass frogs with no skin pigment. Burn as soon as I look at the sun!

Are yours as thin and skinny as those too? Are they really cyclist legs?
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I bloody hope they aren't :-)