Eurosport without Sky/Virgin etc

grahamcp
grahamcp Posts: 323
edited June 2013 in Pro race
I have a TV with internet built in, a laptop (without HDMI) and an iPhone.
I am probably going to get a youview type box at some point in the near future.

What is going to be my best option to get Eurosport through my TV?

I'm thinking I can get a subscription to Eurosport Player (there is an apple app as well as the website, but was a bit flaky last time I tried it)... but then what...

Options I can think of are...
1. Get Apple TV (about £100) and stream eurosport player coverage through my iphone to my TV.
2. Get a cable to stream coverage from laptop to TV.
3. Try and play eurosport player directly through my TV.
4. Last resort watch it on the laptop.

Have any of you tried 1. or 2. ? Any other suggestions?

Ta v.muchinuos :D

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    What make of telly do you have?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • grahamcp
    It's Sony
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Mmmm - Ok - If you had an LG you'd be in luck as they have an ES player application which works ok

The best experience would be HDMI from laptop into TV TBH. I've got an Apple TV and find the airplay mirroring good but not quite good enough.

YMMV
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • grahamcp
    Cheers. Sounds good - I think I'll try it out - £5 for a months no strings subscription to eurosport player and a few quid for a cable, I can't really go far wrong! As I said the laptop doesn't have a hdmi out as far as I can see so might have to put up with lower quality.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    IMO iphone / ipad with apple tv mirroring eurosport player is excellent.
  • gazhilla
    gazhilla Posts: 48
    I use Eurosport player, HDMI adaptor from iPad to tv and works great, iPhone battery drains quick on it but still works great.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Is Eurosport available with BT yet?
  • grahamcp
    One more possible option if anyone is interested is a sky go monthly ticket for £15 which I think includes British Eurosport, and can be viewed through 2 devices including Xbox and iphone etc.

Or could just watch the ITV coverage :-)
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    I've got friends that use this last option, but it's probably just as good value to buy Sky, it's £20 a month to get Eurosport (it's on the news package)
  • cristoff
    cristoff Posts: 229
    Rig your laptop to TV via hdmi
    Goto steephill TV eurosport links
    Play it through Firefox Web browser with ad block plug-in installed

Et voila. Free eurosport no annoying ad pop-ups. Can even play full screen
  • cristoff
    cristoff Posts: 229
    Oo-er! Edited post warning.

That bit should say a d b l o c k
  • RoadPainter
    RoadPainter Posts: 375
    I've got friends that use this last option, but it's probably just as good value to buy Sky, it's £20 a month to get Eurosport (it's on the news package)
    Only if you've got a landline.
    If you don't have a landline (why does anyone pay £10 a month for that these days??) then it's £30 a month for that sky option - sky require you to have a BT landline.

I used to have sky via laptop, but when they launched sky go they stopped me logging in because I didn't have a veiwing card. Customer servcies couldn't resolve, so i stopped paying. Hopefully they've fixed that by now!
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Think this still works... Fantastic quality and free

http://www.hdplayer.eu/ Click on the black dot, download, extract it on your desktop, then click on HD Update. Might need to use Google Chrome to download it.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....