Wiggle and Halfords Returns

sketchley
sketchley Posts: 4,238
edited June 2013 in Commuting chat
Just had to return stuff to Wiggle due to wrong size. Boxed it up (back in same box sent in), put supplied label on top, took it to local costcutter shop in highstreet, got a tracking reciept, delivered to Wiggle a day or so later, refund processed and email sent confirming it. Completely free service, cost me nothing except a bit of packing tape to seal the box. Top marks to Wiggle that's how it should be done. They may not always be the cheapest but that's kind of service is top notch.

I also order a pair of Northwave shoes from Halford as they were £30 cheaper than anywhere else with £10 off over £100 offer. Great delivery service to local store, however colour was awful so they need to go back (not Halfords fault) took back to shop delivered to, refund processed on the spot direct to card. I'm not Halfords biggest fan but again great service.
--
Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5

Comments

• gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    I'm a fan of CRC returns service; V brake adjustment screw had stripped itself of thread, emailed CRC, they asked for a photo, after which they said OK, new one on the way, no need to return the part.
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    I'm just about to return something to Wiggle using their Collect+ service, glad to hear it works well.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    +1 for Wiggle return service.

I order loads of stuff individually every time my Haribo jar needs topping up....then send it all back :wink:
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Love the Collect+ service idea but the PO is 200 metres away and the nearest Collect+ shop is a 20-mile round trip.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    I also use Amazon lockers for first time last weekend. Another great service. Much better than havnig to get to sorting office during working hours or waiting in for delivery....
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Love the Collect+ service idea but the PO is 200 metres away and the nearest Collect+ shop is a 20-mile round trip.

This^

Collect + is great, but there is no store that is near me that makes it convenient, i have to pass at least 3 main post offices to get to my nearest collect + store.

Still cant fault wiggle returns though
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    There's no doubt the Collect+ is a great service (if you're near one), but I can't help but feel there must be quite a large surcharge on the purchase for it.

I'd rather pay less, then pay the PO postage if something's wrong. It's very rare I send something back ... although, just have .. to wiggle.
    exercise.png
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    rubertoe wrote:

This^

Collect + is great, but there is no store that is near me that makes it convenient, i have to pass at least 3 main post offices to get to my nearest collect + store.

Just post it back at the post office then, Shirley?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • meanredspider
    bails87 wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

This^

Just post it back at the post office then, Shirley?

Genius! We hadn't thought of that! :roll: :D

But, to TheStone's point, I have no doubt we are paying for the service somehow...
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Done the Collect+ thing with CRC and the nearest Collect+ is opposite the nearest Crown PO in Broadmead. On another note, one of the 53p lights I bought from Planet X broke so sent them a message via the website and had no joy, did the same via Twitter and a new light is in the post with the broken one still on the worktop.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • W12_Lad
    W12_Lad Posts: 184
    I love Wiggle and CRC returns also.
    CRC - I ordered 2 expensive giro helmets when on special offer, a medium and large with the intention of sending back at least one. I actually rang them to see if they mind this and was told it's fine. The helmets turned out to be the wrong shape for my head and both were sent back via collect plus (walking distance from my house).
    Wiggle - sent back the odd thing but I received a couple of sets of pedals yesterday that I've decided not to use, so both will go back today. They were different orders so I got 2 packs of Haribo too.
    Worth saying that I have ordered and kept a lot of stuff too!
    It's not my hobby to order some free Haribo and send back the surplus bit's every time.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    When I was looking at jerseys last week I was wanting to buy one from a Wiggle or similar that have a good returns policy so I knew there would be no problem sending it back if it didn't fit.
  • cookdn
    cookdn Posts: 410
    +1 Wiggle & CRC for Collect+ returns. Works for us as there is a Collect+ location that is convenient. Being a bit odd in the shape department it is great to be able to order clothing in a couple of sizes and only keep the best fit. Both allow returns for 365 days from delivery. CRC refunded some Gore brake cables that were too short to fit the CX after nearly five months.

Wiggle are a bit better than CRC as you can track the status of the return on their site and they send out email notifications. In my limited experience with CRC it is ultimately the same but there is no information on-line and the only reason I knew that the return had been processed was by seeing the refund to my credit card (spam filters checked for quarantined email).

It is certainly working from a customer loyalty perspective. I'll happily pay a small amount extra to Wiggle/CRC for the convenience/peace-of-mind rather than going for the absolute-best on-line price. I am also having a good experience with Wiggle's in-house DHB brand for clothing.

Best regards
    Boardman CX Team
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    having used the collect+ a few time for CRC and Wiggle it's an excellent service.

Far better than sodding Ribble. Send out the wrong part and I have to wait to return post it to them, them receive and confirm receipt and only then they send out the correct part. I've bought the part else where and returned the wrong part to them. Last time I darken their door.
  • meanredspider
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    having used the collect+ a few time for CRC and Wiggle it's an excellent service.

Far better than sodding Ribble. Send out the wrong part and I have to wait to return post it to them, them receive and confirm receipt and only then they send out the correct part. I've bought the part else where and returned the wrong part to them. Last time I darken their door.

Ribble are my least favourite supplier
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Wiggle will price match Ribble anyway most of the time so there is really no point in buying from them these days.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Another +1 for Wiggle/Collect+. Dropped a return off on Thursday and arrived in under 24 hours, got the refund this morning (Monday). Had similar experiences with CRC. I usually make sure the shop uses Collect+ when ordering clothing online now so I know I can return it. Post office is pretty useless because it's not open when I'm not working/available to drop something off...

Had a problem with some missing lenses on some DHB glasses from Wiggle once, emailed them and within an hour they'd sourced the missing parts and put them in the 1st class post.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who orders things separately from Wiggle just to get more Haribo.... :-)