Voodoo Hoodoo Upgrades

OllyGunn
OllyGunn Posts: 18
edited June 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hey there! I have had my had my Voodoo Hoodoo for little over a month now and i'm feeling a little upgrading is in order. I've rode Dalby a few weeks ago and enjoyed it so the bike is OK for me at the moment until i decide it either breaks or i feel it's not right.

I feel that if it's a little lighter it would benefit the bike a lot. Apart from that i just want the bike to stand out a little more, i suppose you can use the word "Blingy". I was thinking grips, seat and seatpost.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

screenshot1lct.png
Forever learning to wheelie far. :(
Voodoo Hoodoo 2011/2012
Voodoo Owners Thread

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    edited June 2013
    Forget bling, function.....

Seatpost and saddle are fairly heavy, as are the bars, stem is competative and the Voodoo seatpost clamp is ace with it's built in slot shroud.

Wheels are the basic formula as found down to £250 bikes and could shed some weight.

Or just ride it and save for a decent upgarde when something wears out or brakes!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • OllyGunn
    Ok, thanks! I was looking at the Hope QR Seat clamp, would this be a good option? or should i just use an Alan key?
    Voodoo Hoodoo 2011/2012
    Voodoo Owners Thread
  • The Rookie
    QR's are useful if you need to raise an lower the saddle a lot, otherwise they just add weight.

Hope's QR clamp is certainly NOT worth the money.

As for weight, a few grams in that 'rookie ring' behind your cassette you can shed!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • OllyGunn
    Thanks for the help, i think i'll just take the Alan key for it next time i go to trails. I don't adjust it much, only on the long downhill sections of Dalby.
    Voodoo Hoodoo 2011/2012
    Voodoo Owners Thread
  • The Rookie
    You should be carrying enough tools to get you home already, otherwise think what would happen if you had a minor mechanical failure 6 miles from your car.......

First upgrade then
    1/ Decent multi-tool with chain splitter
    2/ Couple of powerlinks
    3/ 2 tubes
    4/ Some instant patches
    5/ tyre levers (plastic)
    6/ Something to carry it all in!