Shoulder Went Pop

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
The other day, when taking bacon out from under the grill, my shoulder popped out and bacon went everywhere!

Arm went completely dead for about a minute before it went back in.

I went for a ride 2 days later, but now its feeling really odd, as though it either wants to pop out again or its just sore.

Should I be gerting it checked or should I be the typical bloke and wait to see if it fixes itself?
I'm just confused why it would have popped out so easily?!

The bacon was fine btw, gave the Mrs the bits that went on the floor :lol:

Comments

• Beanyman
    Beanyman Posts: 25
    In the first instance, go and see a decent physio rather than your GP.

Glad the bacon was OK :P
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    get it seen to

a mate of mine had no end of problems with his shoulder. Would pop out of joint for a daftest of reasons cause he had just left it. In the end he had to have it reconstructed.

Last thing you want is it popping out while you are riding as sods law dictates it will happen on the fast rocky section, not the nice slow flat section....
  • Maro
    Maro Posts: 226
    I have 2 friends who have both disslocated a shoulder twice. Both have since had operations and a lot of physio afterwards.

Go to see a physio, they should be able to tell you what you've done and give you some exercises to do,
    Bird Aeris. DMR Trailstar. Spesh Rockhopper pub bike.
  • Went for another ride, was ok but pretty stiff and sore afterwards... think I'll be alright!!
  • DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    Went for another ride, was ok but pretty stiff and sore afterwards... think I'll be alright!!

Stupdity.

When it goes, You'll know about it. Go get it seen to before you do some real damage.

As said above, what happens when it does this on a fast rocky section? Just as you hit a big jump or drop? You'll be royally f@#ked.

Good luck with getting it sorted though.