Frame painted in stress contours.

pb21
pb21 Posts: 2,171
edited June 2013 in The cake stop
tumblr_md6fkuMxDZ1rhazk6o1_1280.jpg

Not too sure exactly what this represents, but apparently it's the stress applied to the frame, not sure under what conditions though. Still kind of cool.
Mañana

Comments

• sandyballs
    sandyballs Posts: 577
    Looks better than the millions of black stealth Venge's.

But if your giving one away let me know. :D
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    you'd think there would be more stress at the top of the fork but it's the same as the middle of the seat tube!
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Maybe someone should drill thousands of little holes in it and insert microheat sensors just to see exactl;y whats going on :D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Oh i like that,i don't know what kit i would wear with it though mind,i'm sure i could pull off a Woodcraft Folk look if i can find some rainbow bibs, i just hope teh lycra can take the badges.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    They did a similar one with the Shiv a while back but that was airflow...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    NapoleonD wrote:

Might have guessed you'd turn up to this one.

Neenawneenawneenaw...
    NapD: "Allo allo allo, whats all this then ?. Didn't pick a good background colour...nah... should have been white...would pull the photographer up for that one...wouldn't come up to my standards in my bike photo thread..."
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    NapoleonD wrote:

Might have guessed you'd turn up to this one.

Neenawneenawneenaw...
    NapD: "Allo allo allo, whats all this then ?. Didn't pick a good background colour...nah... should have been white...would pull the photographer up for that one...wouldn't come up to my standards in my bike photo thread..."

??

It looks great!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    It's the new S-Works Pride.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171
    Well it seems only the frame is relevant (i.e. not the seat post or forks) and the colours represent the amount of deflection when the frame is held at the head tube...
    Mañana
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    Any 6 year old would be proud of it :D (nowt wrong with the bike, the paint job's 'kin awful though! Someone had to say it, sorry :roll: )
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    That would actually be pretty cool to ride around. It's got Campag on it as well! :D

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    They forgot to do the spokes.

The older I get, the better I was.

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Pituophis wrote:
    Any 6 year old would be proud of it :D (nowt wrong with the bike, the paint job's 'kin awful though! Someone had to say it, sorry :roll: )

I 100% agree with you. It looks bloody awful. A good bike ruined. (and surely it wasn't just an exercise in showing the stress, if it was, you'd do it to a cheaper crapper bike... its funny how some people actually like it, Id hate to see what the inside of their houses look like or what they dress like :)

It's so awful in fact that its one bike where I hardly even looked or noticed that it had nice Campag stuff on it.
  • manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,259
    The valve stems seem to be taking a bit of a hammering!