Great way to preview your bike route - "See it in 3D"

markhewitt1978
markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
edited June 2013 in Tour & expedition
Of course it's often just as easy to just fire up Google Earth and use that directly.

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Mark (Op) excellent - thanks ... I take it the site is yours?

Would be handy if you could upload T/GPX files to create the route as the route we want is often created by someone else. Saves re-drawing it. :)
  • Schoie81
    Schoie81 Posts: 749
    @Slowbike - must be possible to add an upload route files system to the site (you can do it on another site I use, but it is Mark's website, so I wont crash his thread by advertising it..) but I don't know how hard it would be to do, or how costly.... The site does look good though! :)
    "I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated"
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Isn't the uncertainty part of the attraction?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    DesWeller wrote:
    It certainly is for me. I seldom do any planning whatever other than picking out my end points. The sense of discovery along the way is a big part of the fun
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Hoopdriver wrote:
    DesWeller wrote:
    It certainly is for me. I seldom do any planning whatever other than picking out my end points. The sense of discovery along the way is a big part of the fun
    No fun when you hit that hairpin right turn on a descent at 50mph.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    JSCL wrote:
    Hoopdriver wrote:
    DesWeller wrote:

Do you ride with your eyes shut or something? Do you employ an equal lack of anticipation when you're driving?

Anyway, yes it is. Get that knee down ha ha ha!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    DesWeller wrote:
    JSCL wrote:
    Hoopdriver wrote:
    DesWeller wrote:

Do you ride with your eyes shut or something? Do you employ an equal lack of anticipation when you're driving?

Anyway, yes it is. Get that knee down ha ha ha!
    Not at all but if any rider is descending whether it be in the alps, Majorca or Teide - you start to understand the geography on your ascent but if you're descending down the other side of any of these mountains, I'd recommend any rider to maybe drive it the day before or take it slow. If you're in unknown roads in the mountains, knowing what's ahead is key (especially in race situation).
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    I see the explorer's love of adventure and the unknown does not abide in you