Bristol Bikefest

camerauk
camerauk Posts: 1,000
edited June 2013 in MTB general
As above is anyone ride Bristol Bikefest on Sunday?
I have entered the 6 hours pairs looking forward to it and it looks like the weather will be kind :)
Specialized Camber Expert
Specialized Allez Sport

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    the bike club I ride with now and again have entered. they usually have a huge gazebo and bbq going. look out for halfwayupmtb

say hello, they're nice guys :D
  • camerauk
    welshkev wrote:
    the bike club I ride with now and again have entered. they usually have a huge gazebo and bbq going. look out for halfwayupmtb

I will keep an eye out for them :)
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    camerauk wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

If they offer you a drink, check for Rohypnol.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I did it last year, but can't manage it this year, shame, it was a great event last year despite the wet weather leading up to it, sure it'll be brilliant fun in the dry!
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Yeah it's a good event, done it a few times but as I'm local I can't be bothered with the entry fee to ride a trail that's already boring for me :( Sunday's can be pretty dead to, Saturday is the better day as it's more a party atmosphere, by Sunday a lot of people have left - still with the forecast weather it should be a good day out
  • camerauk
    cooldad wrote:
    camerauk wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

If they offer you a drink, check for Rohypnol.

:)
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    nferrar wrote:
    Yeah it's a good event, done it a few times but as I'm local I can't be bothered with the entry fee to ride a trail that's already boring for me :( Sunday's can be pretty dead to, Saturday is the better day as it's more a party atmosphere, by Sunday a lot of people have left - still with the forecast weather it should be a good day out

This ^

I myself shall be over at Leigh Woods or whatever the kids call it these days.

The novelty of the trail has kinda worn off now. It's kinda like a gravely cycle path with hills and turns.

I may however still go and watch for 20 mins
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Where are the hills!?
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    It was good for a couple years then the novelty of paying to ride wears off.

If you're new to the event, have fun, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    nferrar wrote:

This ^

What a shower of misserable cnuts you are, riding across a grassy field is boring but taking part with your mates isn't and thats what enduro races are all about!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    njee20 wrote:
    Where are the hills!?

ok, the steady ups but you get the idea, its not as good as it was.

I did find one of the old desccents in leigh woods the other day though, just past the orange section.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    welshkev wrote:

I'm riding as part of the HalfwayUp contingent this year - the club's entering 7 teams of 4 (all mixed standard) in the 12hr event on Saturday, with most of them camping over the weekend (I can't stay, so it'll just be a long day for me). You'll recognise them on sunday due to the general acoholic haze and raucous banter emminating from a large section of the field.