How to install an front derailleur cable on Cube Reaction

jorgelopes
jorgelopes Posts: 35
edited June 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello,

Once more I'm facing a problem in my components installation. This time I'm not managing to install the front derailleur cable. The cable doesn't enter inside the frame guide near the botton bracket. My frame is a Cube Reaction gt 29er.

7170186104_5d0fed660f_b.jpg

Can anyone help?

I'm affraid to ask but do I have to remove the botton bracket cup?

Thanks.

Comments

• jorgelopes
    I already know that It's not necessary to remove the botton bracket.

According to a bike mechanic the cable is a bit difficult to install because it must enter in the guide and reach the frame exit hole.

I think there is a chance that the guide is curled or out of place because I feel something soft in the end of the cable when I try to install it.

No luck yet.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    how is the outer held at the next point?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • jorgelopes
    These are the 2 holes:

20130605215511.jpg

20130605215314.jpg
  • jorgelopes
    Fixed! I've turned the bicycle upside down, removed the rear wheel and heated the end of a thin wire to melt and open a hole in the foam that was stucking the cable path. After I managed to slide the wire it was easy. I passed the cable outer through the wire, then remove th wire and pass the cable. This should be a easy step in my bike installation but turned out a pain in the a#$. I think maybe the inside guide has moved out it's place making the cable passing so hard.

20130610183110.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us