Unstable on the bike.

Eddie2593
Eddie2593 Posts: 15
edited June 2013 in Road general
Hey,
I used to have a specialized allez aluminium bike but then i upgraded to a scott R3. The R3 is a great bike, however it is so unstable, so much so i get nervous descending or even hitting high speeds on a flat if there is even any bit of wind. The bike seems to wobble underneath me and i don't even have aero wheels, the wheels i have are only 23mm deep. I used to descend with confidence and wouldnt hesitate to put the power down but now i just can't do it! Can anyone relate?

Comments

• MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Have you set it up to fit like it should and adjusted everything that should be adjusted? I've had problems like this before, but a good fit seemed to be the cure.
  • gloomyandy
    gloomyandy Posts: 520
    Might be worth checking things like the headset to make sure it is not loose or binding.
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    You're riding a bike hat is a) stiffer and b) lighter, it will react more to inputs. You'll get used to it, my spesh allez wet bike feels like a limo when I ride after being on my CF canyon.
  • Stueys wrote:
    You're riding a bike hat is a) stiffer and b) lighter, it will react more to inputs. You'll get used to it, my spesh allez wet bike feels like a limo when I ride after being on my CF canyon.

This. I recently made the switch from a Cannondale Synapse 5 (alu) to a Planet X RT-57, which is carbon and for the first few rides it seemed twitchy as hell. You soon get used to how a lighter, faster bike reacts and will learn how to counteract the sidewind. As with anything, it's practice, practice, practice. Preferably somewhere quiet until you're used to it.