Clipless Pedals advice

ElliottDavo
ElliottDavo Posts: 151
edited June 2013 in Road buying advice
Hey guys

I'm currently running a set of DMR v8's with some K-swiss trainers. I mostly do commutes but every now and then I'll do a sportive ride. Any advice on pedals for this? I've seen the m324 shimano dual sided but the non caged side doesn't seem overly gripply. I find it handy to be away quickly at the lights so any suggestions for some that are easy to clip in as well?

I ride a CX commuter bike that's pretty much a road bike

Comments

• markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    The M324's are fine. I used them for a good while and the non-SPD side is just as grippy as any pedal around, and they are easy to clip into too. Only drawback is that you have to figure out flipping them over while you're riding to get to the SPD side.

Which is why for my next set I chose double sided SPD, no problem being quick away at the lights, push off with my right foot (which I don't unclip), then clip the left in and I'm off.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    SPD cleats and M520 pedals for simplicity / double sided clip in

A520 pedals if you want a bit more support for your foot for longer rides.

its possible to easily pedal both with one foot not properly clipped in for the "getting away from the lights" moments.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    t4tomo wrote:
    its possible to easily pedal both with one foot not properly clipped in for the "getting away from the lights" moments.

Yep, one foot clipped in and the other pushing down on the pedals, but not clipped in, you'll get away from the lights just as fast - if not faster because you can pull your pedal upwards ready for push off, instead of having to hook it up.