1st 100 (real one this time!)

muzzan
muzzan Posts: 203
edited June 2013 in Road beginners
Hi,

Just thought I would post to say yesterday I completed my 1st 100mi run (http://app.strava.com/activities/57789699). It was a fantastic day up here, perfect for cycling, bright, about 15-20 C & not much of a breeze. Did a similar route to the one I did 100k on a couple of months ago (see viewtopic.php?f=40020&t=12913590), with a couple of extensions.

Those building up to it may be interested to see that I wasnt too optimistic about getting to 100mi soon, but I've being doing plenty of miles & have joined a local club which has really helped. In the end it was easier than I thought it would be (had done 80mi the day before on club run as well).

Incidentally, when I did the 100k I noticed the route on strava looked like an evil hand/claw, but with the extensions it now looks like the evil hand has picked its evil nose, or am I on my own here???

All the best

Comments

• muzzan
    Oops managed to double post there, no idea how, cld this be removed?
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Congrats - nice ride. Is the A82 a bit hairy until you get to Helensburgh. I am not sure I fancy it with the idiot drivers that you can get along that stretch. Worth it once you get out to the the Loch I guess.
  • marylogic
    marylogic Posts: 355
    Good work, looks like a nice route. Argyll is just stunning when the weather is good :)
  • muzzan
    Thanks, I think different parts of the A82 are far worse than others. The northbound bit (up to Balloch roundabout) I really dont mind as there are 2 lanes where the traffic can get past & you can fly along due to the good surface. The southbound bit from Luss to Balloch I really dont like at all & I avoid it by taking the path & then the old Luss rd to Balloch. From dumbarton to Garelochhead I take the A814, which is a great road I think, reasonably quiet with some great views.
  • Buckie2k5
    Buckie2k5 Posts: 600
    only bit of a82 i dislike is between erskine bridge and dumbarton. I jump on the cycle path at bowling until dumbarton and get back onto the road. The path is actually great to ride on nice fresh tarmac ;)