Mehnday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited June 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I could have slept for a week after my weekend. It's been epic! This one could be the same too, I'm not sure I can cope with this sort of lifestyle :lol:

This is the last week with the minion, and I have a lesser-minion shadowing us this week as he'll be helping me over the summer. Not sure how this will all work out, but we will see.

Judo later, I need the excercise, I've picked up a beer belly over this weekend (well, I may have already had one, but it's more defined now!)

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    What a pity to be back in work after such a fine weekend. I now have a biking tan or will have once this redness dies down. A few beers were consumed along the way too.

Another sunny morning spoilt only by the fact I have to be in here but it pays for shiny new things. Badminton tonight if my stiff ankle is up to it.

Nothing much else happening so I'll go make some tea.

Later......
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Far to many miles on the road bike over the weekend. Uni meh today. Then relaxing and some hockey later.

TTFN
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Greetings Maggots,

Today is a crappy cold day, the sun's out but it's not doing much and we have these ice cold Berg winds that are real icy.
    Not too much on the cards for today, so it'll be a day of passing time on the interwebz until my meeting at 3PM
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    shouldn't have to work when it's sunny!

Today is flash figures - so much fun. Later is as yet undecided
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Mornign all,

Good weekend had, much discussion of houseing with the olds on Sat and a most enjoyable ride around Afan though im sure i was stalked round it...

Today i will running audit reports at full speed to try and sneak out early for another ride. Also ordered a jo's tubeless conversion kit to see if i can get my rims to go over, and drop a pound from my freeride tubes will make life easier i hope.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning self abusers...

Today I feel humbled, had a few good race results recently so I was feeling cocky, I went into this weekend's NPS feeling like a Jedi.... only to have my ar5e handed to me on a plate.

Onwards to licking my wounds and manning up some more...
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315

Today i will running audit reports at full speed to try and sneak out early for another ride. Also ordered a jo's tubeless conversion kit to see if i can get my rims to go over, and drop a pound from my freeride tubes will make life easier i hope.

Let me know how that goes. Contemplating doing the same after I threw out 30 quids worth of wrecked tubes yeterday
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    clamps81 wrote:

Let me know how that goes. Contemplating doing the same after I threw out 30 quids worth of wrecked tubes yeterday

I have a box full of patches with bits of tube attached - some are 6 years old and still get used/fixed!

Morning Chiefs and Indians,

Today I have stocktake and meeting. So far have managed to do very little as a little bit hungover. Task for after work is to buy a lawnmower as the weeds have engulfed the jungle outside my house, then washing one of the bikes ready to sell.

Later
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Morning all

Quiet week this week and doing a 3 day stint as i'm off to Bristol Volksfest this weekend so i'm getting my (new) Beetle tarted up for the occasion as i'm on the owners club stand.

Toodle ooh
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work. In charge still but its relatively quiet at the moment. New people starting which always makes things interesting as I can't be bothered to talk to them. Good weekend in the lovely sun. Friday night was a wine fuelled evening of gossip and picking apart my non existent love life with the girls. Saturday was spending too much shopping and then working. Sunday was a trip to Afan in the morning. It's not stalking if you are invited, they give you a lift and they keep waiting for you to catch up Waylander! I seem to have added to my collection of shin bruises which is fun. Then the afternoon lay on a sun lounger on the lawn at the farm to rid myself of the t shirt tan I am getting and earning will points with Grandma by visiting her although her and my Uncle are trying to set me up with one of their suppliers. I think my Uncle just wants cheap dairy supplies and engineering services. :)

11 sleeps until the Isle of Wight festival.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Weekend was good, put in an extra 17 miles on Sunday. The sun also brought out several parents with their off spring, one of which nearly fell over a 6 ft edge.

Today consisted of no riding, but the view was still good. work wise, have little to do...
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Hello My Scuttlers

Today is the first day of my fortnight off which has so far seen me clear out loads of junk, have a break for a bit and clear out my own junk, then clear some more junk. I have also made a dog playpen out of an old cheapo plastic covered greenhouse I found in the vast amount of junk and such that was at the house, put up some pictures, hang a mirror and now I'm about to have a bash at the garden, before taking all my junk to the local refuse tip.

Later in the week I shall be getting the bike out and using it.

now time to have another clearout of my junk whilst I picture misscmc sunbathing ;) (well its only fair seeing as I spent most of last week kidnapped)
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Evenin' window lickers

First day of job-nouveau and I'm bored of induction! Still, plenty of reading to do to figure out my new toys, and boy, do I have some toys. My new mecha/death-ray combo is totally kick-arris.

I got home and spent an hour working in the garden enjoying the sun, but I do need to get out on the bike. I have reasons to practice. Having said that, I did a local 16mile loop (mixed XC/tarmac) yesterday in a gnats-b*ll*ck under 1hr20. Next time, I'll do two of them! Next week, once I've worked out the new job location, I'll start pedalling in - can't be done with commuting by car. Now, an advantage with this, is that another local loop (12 miles) goes past the works back passage. I can see me hitting that after work on the odd occasion when the weather's good.

Onwards! To tea! And lamb chops!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Evening Saddle Sniffers,

Long day at work, made slightly better by the office hotties wearing their short skirts again and stopping me from standing up for a fair bit of the day...just as well I could stay at my desk for most of it. Booked holiday today - going down to the Sarf of France in August so not a bad day all told.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Good evening.

Had a rather crap day. 2 exams, probably my worst two so far...but im bearing down on that all important 14th of June where i become free from all things education, for the next 3 months. (apart from August where i get my results, and my life will be over). Ragged my GT around on the road today, was a splendid ride....June the 14th is when i will fit my fresh Maxxis tyres and do some proper bike riding...offroad

Have a good evening all!
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    As you can't even tell what day it is, I think you're gonna fail.

and your bike is shlt.
  • gt-arrowhead

I do know, its the 11th. And thanks for the encouragement.
    and your bike is shlt.

I can only allow you to call it half shit now :wink:
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957

I do know, its the 11th. And thanks for the encouragement.
    I'm not sure if that's meant to be a funny response or not, so

800px-Facepalm_facepalm.png
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • gt-arrowhead
    I just realised i posted in the -ahem- Monday thread.... :oops: