2013 RockShox Reba RLT Seal Problem

TheRollingDoorLAD
TheRollingDoorLAD Posts: 31
edited June 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Whilst riding today I noticed that the left hand dust seal had come out of the lower leg and moved up the stanchion. I pressed it down firmly using some keys which seemed to work for a while. This then happened 3 more times throughout the 13 mile ride. However the last time I lost pressure in the fork and took up most of the travel in sag. I've only ridden the fork a handful of times and always had trouble setting up the pressure (not sure whether it's the shock pump). I have now quite firmly pressed it down to the best of my ability.

Is it OK now?
or
Will Rockshox repair this under their warranty? Any idea of cost/time?

Full details:

2013 RockShox Reba RLT
Solo Air
120mm
PushLoc remote
Part time weight weenie

Comments

• Sounds like its bot seating properly, what pressure you running?

Back to the retailer for repair/replacement/refund..
  • Well on the fork leg it says for my weight (200lbs) I should get it to 135psi but if I put that much in the fork becomes super stiff and doesn't move. But I'm not sure if this is due to the shock pump being faulty so I normally run it about 80psi indicated.
    Part time weight weenie
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    RS guides are usually off. But if you are losing pressure, and the seals are blowing, sounds like an internal leak and internal seals need replacing.
  • And would that be covered by their warranty?
    Part time weight weenie
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    What SS says. You're blowing your airchamber and that is blowing the seals. Possibly crap in there which might have scratched the stanchions :(

There could be a fault and so its worth going via your dealer, but I am afraid its probably not. Rebas are pretty reliable.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    What SS says. You're blowing your airchamber and that is blowing the seals. Possibly crap in there which might have scratched the stanchions :(

There could be a fault and so its worth going via your dealer, but I am afraid its probably not. Rebas are pretty reliable.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.