mfin
mfin Posts: 6,729
edited June 2013 in The cake stop
Yes, Florence and the Machine...

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Florence and the Machine - thats a long winded way of saying shit :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • mfin
    Florence and the Machine - thats a long winded way of saying shoot :lol:

You Florence and the Machine me not :)
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    No Florence and the Machine Sherlock!
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    This is one brilliant song by them. Like one or two bar that one. The rest.. not so much. But this one is ridiculously good. I'd take the job playing the drums in that song any day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmok6LR9780
  • mfin
    ThomThom wrote:
    This is one brilliant song by them. Like one or two bar that one. The rest.. not so much. But this one is ridiculously good. I'd take the job playing the drums in that song any day.

Actually, its rubbish. Just thought it would be nice to let you know to save you having to listen to it again, cos each time you spend 5 minutes listening to it, it's 5 minutes of your life you'll never get back!
  • neilrobins
    neilrobins Posts: 102
    Needless wharbler
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    mfin wrote:
    Actually, its rubbish. Just thought it would be nice to let you know to save you having to listen to it again, cos each time you spend 5 minutes listening to it, it's 5 minutes of your life you'll never get back!

Can we take it from your avatar that you're more a fan of this hilariously bad sub-Spinal Tap shirtless big haired wailing?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc68TjfsfMU
  • mfin
    RDW wrote:
    mfin wrote:

Can we take it from your avatar that you're more a fan of this hilariously bad sub-Spinal Tap shirtless big haired wailing?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc68TjfsfMU

Yeah, 23 years ago I liked them. I take it 23 years ago that you didn't like anything that now sounds dated and yet still find some joy in it? (maybe you mistook me as a fan of love/hate though, when in fact I just picked yet another random avatar for a bit, so you're let off, as long as you don't think Florence and the Machine are any good).

PS. Spinal Tap were a lot better than Florence and the Machine too, a quality, credible band with a long pedigree of great great music
  • thomthom
    Mfin, what do you listen to then?
  • mfin
    ThomThom wrote:
    Mfin, what do you listen to then?

Shirley Bassey. Only Shirley Bassey.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Can we have an option for disliking Florence for having dirty feet?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • mfin
    seanoconn wrote:

Surely, that's a little like complaining that you've found a hair in your dog sh1t soup? I'm not saying we can't have such an 'option' (as there are clearly many reasons to not like Florence and the Machine) but I think I just need to consider it carefully first - designing surveys to create meaningful results is paramount to keeping the data both valuable and interpretable, as I'm sure you recognise.

I will notify you in due course should the option be added, and thank you for your feedback.
  • Zososimo
    Zososimo Posts: 60
    Whenever a Jovo comes to my door, I no longer eagerly ask "What about Dinosaurs" or "What about Natural disasters or persecution of the Vulnerable", I ask " Florence and the Machine?". It renders them speechless, it would seem that not even God himself has an explanation.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    mfin wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Surely, that's a little like complaining that you've found a ginger hair in your dog sh1t soup? I'm not saying we can't have such an 'option' (as there are clearly many reasons to not like Florence and the Machine) but I think I just need to consider it carefully first - designing surveys to create meaningful results is paramount to keeping the data both valuable and interpretable, as I'm sure you recognise.

I will notify you in due course should the option be added, and thank you for your feedback.
    FTFY :(
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Zososimo
    ThomThom wrote:

I just clicked on that link and punched my monitor, thanks a lot.
  • mfin
    edited June 2013
    seanoconn wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Surely, that's a little like complaining that you've found a ginger hair in your dog sh1t soup? I'm not saying we can't have such an 'option' (as there are clearly many reasons to not like Florence and the Machine) but I think I just need to consider it carefully first - designing surveys to create meaningful results is paramount to keeping the data both valuable and interpretable, as I'm sure you recognise.

FTFY :(

I'm not sure if people will find your 'ginger connotation' there slightly distasteful? Let's face it, the aforementioned fog-horn's hair colour can not really be perceived as one of her key stumbling blocks in context of her 'artistic' output.

For further reference consider Mick Hucknall here, the same applies, if you liked Simply Red and didn't realise you had never put the batteries in your deaf aid, I think that would be fair. If you had never put the batteries in your deaf aid and yet you had still arrived at a dislike of Mick Hucknall, you might be considered a ginger-ist. Again, Im not saying that is a problem, more that it would point more at a prejudice than a true appreciation of a lack of talent.

Food for thought, unless of course you are correct, and the hair is some kind of warning system for deaf people, I don't know, its difficult to conduct proper research into such a delicate topic.
  • mfin
    edited June 2013
    Zososimo wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

Why the hell didn't you listen to it with the sound off??! I wish youtube would carry some health and safety warnings regarding audio settings. I feel really bad for you.

You're not on your own, this chap was caught in a similar situation when he was emailed a Florence and the Machine video...

angry-at-computer-o.gif
  • thomthom
    Zososimo wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

Hopefully your hand hurts as well. Your welcome.
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    mfin wrote:
    Yeah, 23 years ago I liked them. I take it 23 years ago that you didn't like anything that now sounds dated and yet still find some joy in it?

Far be it from me to criticise. Actually, it's quite touching that something so obviously homoerotic could achieve mainstream success in less enlighted times.
    mfin wrote:
    (maybe you mistook me as a fan of love/hate though, when in fact I just picked yet another random avatar for a bit, so you're let off, as long as you don't think Florence and the Machine are any good).

I quite like KIss with a Fist. It's catchy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SmxVCM39j4
  • mfin
    RDW wrote:
    Far be it from me to criticise. Actually, it's quite touching that something so obviously homoerotic could achieve mainstream success in less enlighted times.

I know, its amazing isn't it, it was the homoeroticism of it all that I liked the most, they were sort of like a Bronski Beat of the pre grunge-ish rock world for a short but wonderful time.

Big kiss x
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    angry-at-computer-o.gif

Is there actually any exit from that cubicle???

No wonder he went apeshit!!
  • Zososimo
    I love the fact that apeshit is not picked up by the censor!! If that status changes, I'd recommend using the term 'Apeflorence' as an alternative ;)

By the way, there is an exit, you can see his monitor roll out, but your point stands - There is no way his fat ass would fit through..
  • mfin
    crispybug2 wrote:
    angry-at-computer-o.gif

Is there actually any exit from that cubicle???

No wonder he went apeshit!!

Perhaps he was risking his own health for the sake of others by stopping the Florence video from running, if he'd left his station and legged it the other people might have been seriously in distress from the sound and company productivity could have nosedived. The bloke next to him stood up in shock at the awful music and to see if his friend was alright too. Heroes the pair of them I say.