Will these tyres fit?

shdaxner
shdaxner Posts: 249
edited June 2013 in MTB general
I have never ran tubeless before and as the rear is wearing low on my new bike i am looking at replacing it but i am not sure which tyre's i need for my wheels.

My wheels are as per spec list

Looking at these tyres in the 'tubeless ready' flavour.

I don't understand the difference between UST and tubeless ready, i dont know if i need UST or tubeless ready and i'm also not to sure what bits i need to replace the tyre...do i need sealant for the above tyre rim combo?

Thanks in advance folks.

Comments

• vanamees
    vanamees Posts: 75
    TLR tires do not hold air w/o sealant.
  • shdaxner
    Right, so i definitely need sealant - any recommendations as to which sealant to buy?

Can anybody advise if those tyres will fit my rims? and also, if they are any good? i am running Mountain King 2.2's at the moment, i will either be replacing front and rear with the Racing Ralph's or just buying another Mountain King for the rear.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Realistically you'd probably want to use sealant regardless- UST is generally fine til you poke a hole in the tyre.

They ought to fit- good fat rims those, think they're rated to 2.5. I've only used the 2.25 Ralph, good tyre but a wee bit puncturey for me.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    I would be tempted to find some tubeless ready, black chilli compound Mountain Kings. These should be grippier and lighter than your current tyres.
  • dhooper7
    dhooper7 Posts: 156
    I run the non-tubeless ready Rubber Queen 2.4 black chilli.
    Works fine for me with 2 scoops of sealant on a DT Swiss E440S rim
    2011 Specialized Enduro Comp
    2014 Boardman Hybrid Comp
  • shdaxner
    Cheers for the advice guys, I bit the bullet and went for the Racing Ralph's as linked - I was going to buy another mountain king but damn they're expensive. I know they will fit width wise but its the UST/ tubeless ready thing I wasn't sure which my rims require.