ridewithgps.com AARRGGHH!!! :x

TheSmithers
TheSmithers Posts: 291
edited June 2013 in Road general
I persistently seem to have problems accessing their website and I've nearly got to the point of throwing my laptop out the window! I've spent the past half an hour putting a 90 mile route together for today and I've no idea if it managed to save it or not. I've not been able to access my profile page, or the main site in any way shape or form since! :x

As it is, I won't be able to do this ride now, as I have to be somewhere later and have spent too much time faffing with this b0llocks!

Anyone else have this with ridewithgps.com or is it just me?

Comments

• smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Garmin did something similar to me a few weeks ago. Spent ages planning a route, went to save it and get a site is temporarily under maintenance message. Clicked back and route was gone. Ffffffuuuuuu.......
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    It went a bit funny on me on Friday but I closed the browser and logged back in and it was all fine, and my half planned route was still there!
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • handful
    handful Posts: 920
    I couldn't log on this morning to write my route before going out, this was the first time I've had trouble though, normally a very impressive site.
    Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
    Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
    Orbea Rise
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Nope, I've used it for 18 months now and never had a problem with it. Sorry.
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    You could try mapmyride.com, I've yet to have problems with it.
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    No problems for me over the last year or so, but didn't try accessing this weekend so might be a temporary website problem.
    Planned my whole JOGLE on it, as well as training rides, without any problems with the site. As my Mrs would say, I spent far more hours planning and changing routes on RWG than I did training for the JOGLE :shock:
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    My fav for plotting out routes is http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • TheSmithers
    TheSmithers Posts: 291
    Cheers for the suggestions! I may give MapMyRide a go. Seems like a well established and well put together site.

As for ridewithgps.com, it must be my home internet connection, as no one else seems to have any issues, and indeed it works on my work PC! At home, it's 50/50 whether the page loads or not. If the latter, it will sit there for a good minute before the browser throws a wobbly and gives me the option of loading the last cached version, which also doesn't work. When trying to save this course yesterday, the whole site just stopped working. Anything I clicked on returned a http 500 error.