the day after saturday morning thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,870
edited June 2013 in The Crudcatcher
morning commuters and roadies.............

Feeling great after a fantastic sleep. Last nights wrestling was as cheesy as GT's walking sock - but fantastic fun, with the eldest shouting abuse at the 'baddies' constantly.

Today is a family ride along some cycle path - convinced the wife the car can't take all of the bikes so I will get an additional 20 odd miles in on the SS mtb pulling a trailer, all training however odd it is! Then back home to visit the local pub followed by a Sunday dinner.

Laters

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Bacons!

Toodles!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    Off down to Costa for coffee and bacon 'cos I can't be ar$ed to cook :)

Then it's off out to catch some sunshine out in that strange place called the countryside. No bikes though :( Also the EPO has decided she'd quite like a bike - not a good thing as she's worse than crap at riding and it will scupper my plans to add another bike to the collection as the garage can only take so many toys!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Supposed to be riding today but a lack of routes that don't require driving is putting me off once again. On the plus side i think the weather is the best i've seen it in 6 or 7 months round here so route or no route, the sun is the sun.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    It's been gloomy all day but think I've spotted some blue sky so tempted to go put some good miles in on the tarmac.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    the sun is the sun

The what is the what? Is this related to the big bright thing in the sky? I have emailed Patrick Moores successor to find out what it is.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Afternoon losers!

I've had one hell of a weekend, but in a good way. My mate came up and surprised me, so much drinking in the pubs was had. Then yesterday we had a nice Full English, followed by buying him a tree (getting that in his car was good fun!), climbed a hill and got lost for a while, then had a nice meal/party at another friends house. Sadly he had to go home then, but the drinking continued.
    Today I'm feeling fine, been out and about, picked up some new glasses (everything's looking weird!) and now chillaxing.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Well despite destroying my upper shock hardware and nearly getting hit by a steam train it turned out an alright ride.
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Finally back on the bike after an enforced week off due to illness. Good to be in pretty ideal conditions as well. I'm becoming a full on strava slut now though - took a chunk out of my shin and nearly had two OTBs as a result. On a more positive note it's forcing me up the hills a bit quicker and making me less of a scared little bitch on some bits of trail.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces