When will I know if she's the one for me?

SoSimple
SoSimple Posts: 301
edited June 2013 in Road beginners
Just changed the saddle on my Defy 3 from the original one to a Specialized Romin and went on first ride today.

I wasn't expecting it to feel like sitting in an armchair and certainly felt it during ride, which I put down to actually having sit bones supported in the right place. I got myself measured in Specialized shop in Covent Garden and bought nearly new saddle via this site.

Didn't go too far today, about 35 miles and unlike my Giant saddle felt fine within 5 minutes of getting home. I'm out for a longer ride tomorrow so it will be interesting how that pans out.

Suppose my question is how long - or how many miles before I can make a decision about whether this saddle is the answer and does a saddle that feels perfect from the first ride even exist?

I really want the Romin to be 'the one' as I'm doing London to Paris...and beyond in a few weeks and need to nail this down.

Comments

• Finlaz22
    Finlaz22 Posts: 169
    Only time will tell. I understand the Romin has carbon rails and pretty minimal padding? That's probably ideal tbh! Keep at it :)
  • TheHound
    TheHound Posts: 284
    You'll just know son.
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
    Handbuilt Wheels by dcrwheels.co.uk
    Fizik Cyrano R3 Handlebars
    Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle
    Deda Superleggero seatpost
  • Glassback
    Glassback Posts: 11
    If you've sat on her face for 35 miles without complaints then she's a keeper! :)
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    if you can find one that's not a pain in the ar5e then she's the one :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • SoSimple
    SoSimple Posts: 301
    Sat on her for 53 miles today and after a promising start, went the way they all do and became a bit of a pain for the last 10-15 miles.

I really like her but wondering if leopards really can change their spots.

Still not convinced