Hebden Bridge ?

smegg40
smegg40 Posts: 75
edited June 2013 in Routes
Going to be in the Hebden Bridge area for two weekends this month,i have never ridden there,so where are the best routes and starting points ? safest place to park as well,cheers.

Comments

• Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Dunno about specific routes, but have a look at Hardcastle Crag area.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I don't think there is anything legit to ride at Hardcastle Crags. It's more of a National Trust family walking area, admittedly the potential riding looks good though.

I've not particularly ridden round there but I was in Blazing Saddles in Hebden Bridge a couple of weeks or so ago and they have some route maps available all starting from the town.
  • Kowalski675
    mcnultycop wrote:
    I don't think there is anything legit to ride at Hardcastle Crags. It's more of a National Trust family walking area, admittedly the potential riding looks good though.

You're probably right. I've only been there once, on foot, to photograph Gibson Mill. Great Rock do some of their tuition in the Hebden Bridge area though, so there must be some legit routes.
  • There are some fanastic routes in and around Hebden Bridge .... As stated already Blazing Saddles bike shop will be able to give you some route maps :)

Prepare for some climbing though .... but then rewarded by some great descents :)
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    When I've ridden there, I've ound it to be many climbs and fun descents in and out of the valley.
    Excellent riding, completely different to the norm as it seems that you are mtbing through villages etc

The Blue Pig descent is great fun.

As above, see Blazing Saddles, great chaps.
    Also hope that you see Ed Oxley, owner of Mountain Biking's best beard

1978767_300.jpg
  • Kowalski675
    I used to have a beard similar to Ed's. My riding is far from similar to his though.
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    I would love one. You can hide things in it, like food or children
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    My favourite ride round Hebbo it has everything and never goes too far form an escape road if the weather turns poo http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/PennineBridleway/uploads/Hebden%20Bridge%20MTB%20Route7%20%282%29.pdf
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap