Forkd off

Zagcatt
Zagcatt Posts: 3
edited June 2013 in MTB buying advice
Recently purchased new minatou minute pro 100's from wynstanleys, fitted then realised front wheel was tilting to the left brake side significantly. Diff diagnosed to make sure was not a dished wheel, definitely the forks, was tempted to file the dropout to avoid being without bike... but on a new £300+ fork held back and sent them back to supplier, no package drop off option, gamble £ 15 that was an actual fork problem...as if turned out not to be then customer pays postage, and was told that was very unlikely to be the forks on the phone pre sending them back....had to wait all day for courier to pick up, eventually at 5 15 pm. Then heard nothing ...chased via phone and email, 12 days later heard back stating drop outs were out by 3 mm and would be going back to the manufacturer for repair, heard today that have not arrived at manufacturers yet, and when do will probably be a 10 day turnaround.
So I received faulty goods, they did not develop a fault...we're faulty from new.
Instead of replacement or refund I am having to be bike less for a month ( possibly longer after posting this). So have time to kill venting on forums.
Supplier within their rights it seems, but in my opinion the customer has not comes 1st here, this option benefits the supplier only.
Just sharing my experience ...and await the inevitable flack.

Comments

• flappy8
    flappy8 Posts: 172
    No waiting. Faulty goods - sale of goods act - get refund. You dont have to wait while they mess about, you dont have to accept a repair. Not fit for purpose = refund
    MTB or Road - They are both good!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Exactly, faulty, entitled to full refund NOW as well as return costs.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • sprite1275
    sprite1275 Posts: 157
    Crap situation, hate it when things like this happens, just winds you up. Have you tried ringing trading standards ?
  • flappy8
    flappy8 Posts: 172
    email formal letter to winstanleys. Stage that the goods are not of merchantable quality, nor fit for purpose and give them 7 days to provide a refund.
    MTB or Road - They are both good!
  • Zagcatt
    Zagcatt Posts: 3
    A month on and finally got an email from winstanleys today.
    Although all my tests with different wheels forks and frames showed a significant tilt, and my lbs agreed, and the winstanleys workshop also agreed, ....they now say manitou are returning as sent as are not faulty.
    So I have to pay the £ 15 return fee to get back a month later the forks that will still be the same.
    Am drop jawed, and utterly dismayed and feel have wasted over £300.
    Really appreciate the support here, and also the great advice.
    Goes without saying, based on my experience I will not be going any where near the winstanleys website again.
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 Posts: 695
    well I think if Winstanly agreed you still have sale of goods act don't you?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    How long had you had the forks, and did you use them before you saw the fault?