Rock Shox Reba or SID

Vic Mann
Vic Mann Posts: 29
edited June 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi.I have a carbon Cannondale with the Headshok forks.Thinking of swapping them for a pair of Rock Shoxs.I only need around 100mm travel for XC.Which ones would be better for my use :D ? Thanks.Vic.

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    The best you can afford.
  • guity
    guity Posts: 113
    I am not sure what the difference is these days but for XC use SIDS are plenty good enough. I am selling a pair of RS SID Race's if that helps? VGC with a couple of wear marks on crown from cable rub. I can send some pics if you're interested? Looking for £150ish unless someone can prove they are worth less!
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Sids are lighter, but I've heard they're a bit more flexy than rebas. I don't think it would stop me getting them though - its more the price that puts me off!! On-one and Merlin have some good deals.
  • rigsby99
    rigsby99 Posts: 21
    try bike-discount.de, cheap Sids, and fast delivery, i found them better than UK shops
  • hoathy
    hoathy Posts: 776
    Older SIDs are certainly very flexy, in the last couple of years they have apparently sorted it out a bit, personally I'd have reba's, they just seem like better value - unless you've got cash to burn?

What type of headshock do you have? You might (probably will) need a new headset
    - Kona Hot '96 - Marin Rift Zone '09 - Cannondale Synapse Carbon '06 - Kona Caldera '98 - Kona AA '94 - Dawes Kickback II - Cannondale BadBoy '11 - Genesis iOiD SS -
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    SIDs have had 32mm uppers and been much stiffer since 2007. They're lighter, so if you value that get the SIDs.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Reba's are excellent and great value, I got a set for about £260 a few weeks back.
    Have you considered getting your Headshock serviced? They are a pretty good fork as long as they are well maintained. TF Tuned service Cannondale forks.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    SIDS and Rebas for 2012 and 2013 now have the same external chassis. (except carbon units) - the weight difference comes from the lightened SID internals. RL no longer has adjustable floodgate. RLT does - and RCT3 is the high end damper now with a seperate HS stack.
  • Vic Mann
    Vic Mann Posts: 29
    Thanks to you all for your comments,it has been very helpful.
    Vic.