Free scalps available, Leith - East Lothian

UndercoverElephant
UndercoverElephant Posts: 5,796
edited May 2013 in Commuting chat
Well, the consultant yesterday gave me the OK to ride again after nearly six, arduous weeks off the bike. I'm still all wired together in the elbow department:

A09B1E47-A0AD-4318-BB51-F5ED3607A5A6-26117-0000157692FDCF9B_zpsd563e42e.jpg

But the bones have knitted together fine for me to support myself. After 6 weeks or so, the ride this morning was a little on the slower side than I was used to - I saw another cyclist in the distance, and he remained in the distance (I hope to god he was the roadie he appeared). The legs and lungs weren't up to the task, but the arm feels better than it has done after driving.

As such, if anyone wants the lend of an Elephant scalp, they'll be pretty freely given this evening. It's only a lend, mind.

Comments

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    *grabs bike and heads to Edinburgh*

Good to hear you're back on the bike UE.
  • porlyworly
    porlyworly Posts: 441
    Great news to hear you're back in the saddle UE, won't be long until you are flying again :)
    First love - Genesis Equilibrium 20
    Dirty - Forme Calver CX Sport
    Quickie - Scott CR1 SL HMX
    Notable ex's - Kinesis Crosslight, Specialized Tricross
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Well, the consultant yesterday gave me the OK to ride again after nearly six, arduous weeks off the bike. I'm still all wired together in the elbow department:

A09B1E47-A0AD-4318-BB51-F5ED3607A5A6-26117-0000157692FDCF9B_zpsd563e42e.jpg

But the bones have knitted together fine for me to support myself. After 6 weeks or so, the ride this morning was a little on the slower side than I was used to - I saw another cyclist in the distance, and he remained in the distance (I hope to god he was the roadie he appeared). The legs and lungs weren't up to the task, but the arm feels better than it has done after driving.

As such, if anyone wants the lend of an Elephant scalp, they'll be pretty freely given this evening. It's only a lend, mind.

Good luck! I was off the bike for about 6 or 7 weeks earlier in the year after I broke my arm and the 1st ride to work was a little more hesitant (I was more apprehensive about traffic than before), slightly painful (the area of the break felt a bit achy after 20 mins ride) and slow (I tried to chase down a roadie and eventually ran out of puff, I could actually taste blood I had pushed it so hard but certainly no harder than I would previously have been able to more easily).... The speed, strength and confidence came back pretty quickly though...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    your metal work looks like a pair of glasses!!

hows the scar? remember chicks dig scars, just ask Ms Mank

gws fella
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    That's barely a scratch.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,251
    Glad you're back on the bike UE. Took me much longer than that for a mere broken finger, I think not being able to apply the front brake was my main concern.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    mudcow007 wrote:

gws fella

:lol: Depends on where they are - knees and elbows are fine - facial ones are a bit "prisony".

Good luck on the HFH ride Mudcow, and glad you're on the mend Undercover Elephant!
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • mudcow007
    msmancunia wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:

gws fella

:lol: Depends on where they are - knees and elbows are fine - facial ones are a bit "prisony".

Good luck on the HFH ride Mudcow, and glad you're on the mend Undercover Elephant!

pffft facial scars add character..

gracias mon cheri (see bet you didnt know i was multilingual)
  • Cheers chaps. The arm stiffened up a little during the day, but the pub lunch seems to have helped. :)
    mudcow007 wrote:
    mon cheri

I think, technically, you just called her a lady-boy.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    :lol::lol:
  • mudcow007
    dammit, ok ok "ma cheri" better-er?
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    msmancunia wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:

*awww shucks.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.