Thursday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited May 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

My phone sometimes spazzes out during the night, and then needs to be reset. This has meant I've overslept in the past, but I've learnt from past mistakes, and my second alarm saved teh day. Slept well acually!

Today, work, home. Nothin more. I have a man coming round to change a valve on the hot water tank or something. Fun times.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    bank holiday thursday for me.

no work till monday.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning receivers,

had wine last, slept the sleep of the good and now i feel EPIC!

am still off, but will spare a thought for all you workers out there!!

Which is a massive lie but it nearly made you feel ok about your shoot day!

toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    bg13 wrote:
    morning receivers,

had wine last, slept the sleep of the good and now i feel EPIC!

Ooooo, aren't you just so Moneysupermarket. :lol:

Mornin' freaks, mornin' weirdo's. What the hell are doing here? You don't belong here.

Penultimate day in job-current so sat twiddling thumbs and slowly clearing my desk. Later this morning my toolboxes will go into the car for the ride home. Unfortunately someone decided I needed to be in a meeting until 4 today - which is a downer as I need an exhaust centre-box for my upcoming MOT - which I could really do with fitting tonight.

I shall console myself by buying some new brakes for the Anthem.

Onwards! To coffee! And interwebz shopping!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Rain this morning means I wimped out and brought the other bike into work. I just hope it clears up later so I can get out on my bike and get some miles in.

Cake making minion is back today after an extended bank holiday weekend. Hopefully she will have been busy making lots of nice things.

Later......
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

slightly hungover this morning, but I've just had a bacon roll to combat this.

I've also just put the rudimental album onto my spotify and quite like it, is this wrong? :?

laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Clank wrote:
    I need an exhaust centre-box for my upcoming MOT - which I could really do with fitting tonight.

I can sort a deal out on an exhaust for you!

Morning throbbers

In Birmingham today for a day of meetings - yeah. Wine last night added sleep, which isn't the best prep for tonight's chain-gang - haven't done one of those for years so I imagine I will be in pain!

Right, laters
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning all,

More lack of sleep no idea why, should be no reason..

Still gonig to spin out tonight and get muddy running over any children on my trail during half term, little feckers. The only other question that troubles my immediate day is whats for lunch...

Trying to get as much information together to figure out what to do about the house i live in going on the market. Leaving early will probably cause issues for the owner as its above his budget and relies on lodger income, But i have decided i dont care at the moment the atmosphere in the house is best decribed as frosty.

laters
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    today some more bits for the new build will turn up, pedals, stem, brake disc is all i think. forks tomorrow, wheels sometime next week. hopefully get most of the building done over the weekend and out on it next week.

tonight i will be riding some dh at the local tracks.

in the meantime i have some annual reporting to do and some stuff to do on the interweb.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690

Trying to get as much information together to figure out what to do about the house i live in going on the market. Leaving early will probably cause issues for the owner as its above his budget and relies on lodger income, But i have decided i dont care at the moment the atmosphere in the house is best decribed as frosty.

laters

you've got to do what's best for you mate, no point staying on to the end and then being homeless or moving in to any old place just so you've got somewhere.

I have a very nice house to rent in Pontypool though if you're interested? :lol:
  • Thewaylander
    i couldn't afford it mate :)

Want to try and get on the bottom rung of the market if i can stop pissing money down the drain on rent.
  • thekickingmule
    i couldn't afford it mate :)

Want to try and get on the bottom rung of the market if i can stop pissing money down the drain on rent.
    This! I would probably pay less on a mortgage than I do on rent, only because I'm paying rent I can't save up a deposit :roll: I'm going to ask some banks if they can give me 100% mortgage, I've nowt to lose :lol:

As Kev said though, you have to think about yourself. If he's still thinking of putting it on the market, then you have time to look around. Keep your eyes peeled on letting agents websites, and when you see something you really like, sod your housemate.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    if you think of him as your landlord instead of your housemate you'll be much less wracked by guilt when you screw him over.
  • Thewaylander
    Known him since play school :? But his misses is an evil witch so thats the decider. Just gonna keep my eyes open and not rush he is gonna ask way way over the value of his property IMO so could be a while.

He isnt even allowed out to play on his bike hardly anymore nightmare for him.
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    bg13 wrote:
    now i feel EPIC!

"Geoff saved money on his car insurance, and now he feels EPIC!" :shock:

Morning. Yesterday this time i had done my bike ride already...not the same today, lazy! Revision again today...
  • Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    Morning 80's tv presenters,
    Just been given free tickets to take the kids to grandpa in my pocket in notts tonight, this means tonight's ride is cancelled, which isn't too much of a hardship as I can't be bothered getting bike filthy and then cleaning it for pines trip at the weekend.
    On to fried dead pig and very strong coffee!
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • thekickingmule
    My boss is currently talking to a director to see if they can allow me to do the CC2CC as it's the first week of term. I'm so p1ssed off right now it's unbelievable. Our Holiday year runs April to March, so we organised this well before then, I couldn't book the days off.

I'm so angry :evil:
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    Hello all,

It's been a while

I see nothing changes on here then?
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Trip to the bike shop yesterday to have a new cable fitted and the mechanic tells me my bike needs a major service and I shouldn't ride etc it but will probably costly me an arm and a leg, but then I've spotted a nice little Merida which would just about squeeze a budget on the cycle to work scheme.

Today consists of a few meetings etc
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Meh

Thanks to the pneumonia diet I have lost half a stone since Monday afternoon. Luckily my wife has quite a few nurse friends so managed to see a real doctor on Monday night rather than emergency out of hours rent a med, 6g of amoxicillin a day later and I can sort of breath properly and my temperature hasn't reached 41 again.

No chance of cycling any time soon.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work - I don't want to be in charge anymore. And I really really hate Barclays call centre staff! Muppets. And my office is too hot.

Only 1 day left and then it's the weekend and it is currently actually looking promising that I wont have to come in one day to catch up on things which pleases me greatly as I can organise more stuff for the hen party in two weeks.

The mothership is angry with the wedding sister. And Africa sister is back in the country safely and currently binging on sugary stuff and salt and vinegar crisps.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Oh Marone
    Oh Marone Posts: 261
    Spent most of the day waiting for a 50" tv to be delivered (not mine though sadly). Also spent the afternoon replacing the brake lines on my motorbike with some HEL stainlees braided hoses in go faster red. A bit of a nightmare job to get them in the right place and to bleed them. Had to slide the calipers down in the end to remove the air that was trapped above the bleed nipples. Bacon and egg rolls were consumed to keep us going for lunch and am now cooking a chilli. I also ache like hell after bike repairs and moving tvs around the house. I am almost looking forwards to going back to work next week so I can have a rest.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Evening bumders

Today was uni and road bike.
    Tomorrow is road bike and trimming cows feet.
    Weekend will be road bikes too. I would use the mountain bike but it's kind of flat around here :?