Paris to Rome 2013

briantrumpet
briantrumpet Posts: 17,861
edited June 2013 in Tour & expedition
I just thought I'd start a thread as I'm nearly halfway through doing Paris to Rome with five friends. We're travelling light on the road, using hotels and supported by a couple with their own camper van.

We've reached St Jean de Maurenne at the end of the fourth day, 415 miles into the 1000 we've got planned. So far the weather's been good to terrible, and we've had to reroute to avoid the big cols we had planned, as they are all getting fresh snow daily: the Galibier won't be opening before mid-June now.

Eventually I'll post links to our route maps, and comments about hotels etc., in case it's helpful. In the meantime, do have a gander at the blog, if you're interested.http://p2r2013.blogspot.co.uk

Italy tomorrow via the Col de Cenis - and fingers crossed the weather perks up!

Comments

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,861
    All over. Splendid time (mostly), though the roads coming towards Rome are in a truly shocking state, and the drivers increasingly suicidal.

Anyway, when I get back home, I'll post the gps routes and comments on each one, including the fast downhill tunnel where suddenly the lights disappeared and we had to guess where the wall and cars were. Thankfully we all made it through the tunnel, and completed the 1040 miles in 11 days.