Prologo Scratch Pro Plus or Nago Evo Plus

100years
100years Posts: 7
edited May 2013 in Road buying advice
After trying various Fizik saddles (Aliante versus, Antares versus) - both of which I didn't like (Antares I found way to slippery, it couldn't hold me in position and the Aliante less so but not overly impressed for a £90 saddle) - my LBS gave me a demo Prologo Zero.

Now despite it being flat I loved it as it held me in position (I ride on the hoods majority of the time). The only issue was that it was a tad too firm on a 6 hour ride - although I didn't have any pain during the ride, afterwards my 'bits' felt crushed!

So I'm considering the Scratch Pro Plus and the Nago Evo Plus. (The Plus model to avoid the crushed bits!)

Reading reviews, it says the the Scratch is very slippery. Given the feature I liked of the zero was I didn't slip and held me firmly in place - do Scratch Pro Plus users find this is the case? How about the Nego Evo Plus?

Many thx in advance!

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Not that it helps you, but I can say since using a Prologo Scratch Nack Ive been 100% happy, a friend bought the Ti version without the Carbon rails on the back of asking me what Im using as he knows I'll go through lots of things to get the right thing, and he was instantly 100% happy too.

Prologo saddles are widely used in the Peleton by a lot of riders by choice, not sure about their TT saddle though, it seems a bit on the harsh side in comparison (maybe comfort was secondary there really).

Anyway, that doesn't help you as its a different model I have(!) but moving from Selle Italia top end saddles and some others its been a keeper... even bought another so I have one in the other colour for when I change bikes.
  • kbmack
    kbmack Posts: 73
    How does one avoid spending fortunes on saddles till you've found the right one?
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Try other peoples, or borrow them from shops and buy them if you like them.
  • ck101
    ck101 Posts: 222
    Having owned 2 x Nago Evo's 134 and never managing to get past 70k without significant discomfort I changed to the Scratch Pro 143. I now own three of these.

I'm 5.11 and 89kg. I no longer consider my nether regions on rides of up to 200k.

I also notice on Ribble they are discounted today by 39%.