Rockshox Pike 327 - argyle 409 internal

konablaster
konablaster Posts: 135
edited May 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Just looking for some advice on my issue. I recently bought a set of Rockshox Pike 327 to replace my unfortunate bent argyles. After building the bike up with these forks, even with a firm spring, I am finding the forks a little soft and keep bottoming out quite easily.
Due to my mis-fortune, I now have 2 motion control cartridges from my argyles, a solo air cartridge (complete), all damping rods etc, and springs. I have tried the motion control cartridges in the fork, however neither will actually fit into the uppers.
As I look from the side with the solo air cartridge, I notice that when the forks are at 140mm, the air cartridge doesn't look long enough to reach the full length of the fork.

So I am looking for advice on what will fit/ won't fit. What may/ may not work. I'm very competent with taking rockshox apart, so not scared of dismantleing. Hopefully someone could help me out?

Thanks in advance.
Jump it. Huck it. Case it. Crash it. Get backup. Do it again.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Nothing from either fork will fit in the other due to different upper tube thicknesses. All Argyle stuff is Argyle only, likewise with the Pike.
  • konablaster
    konablaster Posts: 135
    Many thanks for the reply. I have read that the revelation moco cartridges will fit into these forks? Do you know anything about which ones would fit if at all?

Rob.
    Jump it. Huck it. Case it. Crash it. Get backup. Do it again.