Grabbing hold of a coach cool/uncool?

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited May 2013 in Road beginners
Oh and he then jumps 2 red lights - see it all on Kn0bCyclists :lol:
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• Ride hard
    Ride hard Posts: 389
    Fear not my friend, the law of natural selction soon will out.

Did you film that?
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    No, I didnt film it - i've better things to stick on my helmet :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Uncool.

Talking about the helmet cam right?
  • Ride hard
    Ride hard Posts: 389
    Haha...true!!

The reason I asked is if I saw someone doing that I'm sure I would have the urge to a)ask them what the atmosphere is like on their planet and/or b) slap some sense into that clearly vacant bonce that decorates his neck before he becomes one of TFL's statistics.
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • Schoie81
    Schoie81 Posts: 749
    What chance have cyclists got of convincing drivers to give them us space and respect on the roads when there are idiots like him/her on the roads. One bad cyclist gives all of us a bad name...
    "I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated"
  • ct8282
    ct8282 Posts: 414
    Schoie81 wrote:
    What chance have cyclists got of convincing drivers to give them us space and respect on the roads when there are idiots like him/her on the roads. One bad cyclist gives all of us a bad name...

Everything in perspective. Not every driver is wreck less and dangerous, but some are. Not all drivers have a bad name do they?

What this guy did is quite frankly absurd and unbelievably dangerous. It is only a matter of time before he a) ends up dead or severely injured b) causes an accident that ends up with other people dead or injured or c) gets a slap wrist from the police for his naughty behaviour.

Whilst some drivers will see him and ultimately tar us all with the same brush, most will realise its one dick head only and that most cyclists they see on the roads are responsible and safe.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Not to add fuel to the fire, this guy is a complete dickhead and on a fast track to a Darwin award, but I drive around London a lot for my job and having the cycle couriours grabbing hold of either mine or another vechile is frequent everyday occurence!
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    That is incredibly dangerous! I thought he was going to leave go straight away, but to stay there, crossing the centre white line onto oncoming traffic is madness!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Cool 8) ...splat.... Uncool :(
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    No, I didnt film it - i've better things to stick on my helmet :D
    "Dear Ann

My shiny helmet longs for your stern embrace.

Yours in anticipation

Cleat"
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Ride hard wrote:
    before he becomes one of TFL's statistics.

Was this in London?
  • Kingsmill1
    Kingsmill1 Posts: 103
    This guy is on the fast track service to the pearly gates, very uncool and stupid. Having seen the after affects of what a dust cart can do to a cyclist going under the rear wheels this person needs some serious education. I drive and ride motorcycles and have seen all manor of stupid things, this does not help cyclists either. When I ride my bike I apply the same care and consideration as when Im driving obey the law and anticipate other road users.
    Giant TCR Comp 2
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • macleod113
    macleod113 Posts: 560
    What an utter Knobber!
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Ok - everyone condemning the cyclists action - it's dangerous etc ... I don't disagree and you wouldn't see me doing it...

but ....

Spell out the dangers of grabbing a lift...

1) The bus could suddenly stop - cyclist is left going forwards at speed with little control over the brakes.
    2) Bus could move out to overtake putting cyclist on the wrong side of the road (cyclist could just let go and go behind?)
    3) Cyclist could have a puncture/malfunction causing him to swerve into the bus and hit the deck (he's behind the back wheel so the bus wouldn't hit him, but any vehicles following closely could) but isn't that a similar risk to riding on the road anyway?

So come on ... justify your position ...
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    So many ways that could have ended badly. And the fact that he shoots the red light as the bus stops and the pedestrians start crossing is just the cherry on the top.

All you can hope for is an accident in which he is the only one injured / killed.