Back in the seat

thesword22
thesword22 Posts: 3
edited May 2013 in MTB beginners
Hi Guys,

Im new here and i will be taking delivering of my new MTB at the end of june and was wondering what your thoughts are regarding it.
I have been trail riding and MTB riding as a teenager but when i learnt to drive it all fell off but want to get back into it again now.
Plus i need to boost my fitness as sitting at my desk for 8hrs a day does me no good lol.

Anyway here is the bike im getting: Thoughts?

Cross duke 26"
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 324271.htm

The reason i choose this is its within my budget and the missus is getting it for my Birthday.
appriciate any advice

Comments

• Long_Time_Lurker
    Long_Time_Lurker Posts: 1,068
    Don't take it out on anything too rough - you'll get rattled to bits.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Don't take it out on anything too rough - it'll fall to bits.
    FTFY
    I wouldn't. At that price I'd look second hand or spend a bit more.
    It isn't a mountain bike. Very heavy, undamped 'suspension', bargain basement components.
    Have a look in the sticky at the top of Buying Advice for entry level, but usable bikes.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    For a few sheckles more the decathlon or halfords (carrera) ones are at least were you should be looking at.
  • thesword22
    thesword22 Posts: 3
    Thanks guys. I certainly wasnt looking to take it out on any demanding trails. Its more for getting to work occasionally and the time when i go out riding around swinleey or bracknell forest (nothing bigger than blue trails by the sounds of it)
    If the bug bites hard again then i will look to spend a fair chunk more TBh.
    My last bike was a custom build, 20" frame, Hope Hydraulics and Rock shox (forgot what model) but it got knicked so im starting out again.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    There are better bikes for the use you intend than that one, really just don't, it weighs 18Kg, a reasonable hardtail or rigid will weight 3-4Kg less than that.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    My Kraken's supposed to be a heavy bike and that tips my scales at 15kg on the nose.