Birmingham Based MTB Club

OTimms
OTimms Posts: 14
edited May 2013 in MTB rides
Hi there,

My brother (21, Boardman Pro HT) and I (27, Orange Five, Genesis Core HT) are currently Britain's smallest MTB club and I'd like to introduce more people; partly to share holiday ideas, driving etc. but also make it more of a social thing.

We regularly use Cannock Chase as a training/race course but tend to go up to Llandegla, Hopton Castle etc. for something a bit more exciting.

Riding style is generally quick, with modest fitness - but certainly not XC racers. In terms of technical ability we'll do mainly Red, but also Black routes if it flows as part of the course - we're not into sitting around 'sessioning' a particular area.

We usually enter a couple of enduros per year, from 50-75km, and short weekends away.

Longer holidays are also part of the plan, last year we had a week in North Wales doing Coed-y-Brenin, Betws-y-Coed etc. and another week in Scotland doing the 7Stanes. Typical day about 35-50km.

I've organised a small group to the Alps next month and would like to do similar in future for a larger party both here and abroad.

If you're interested in finding a riding partner(s) please let me know as we've been looking for ages. (Owners of Apollo bikes or anything from a supermarket need not reply!!)

All ages (18+) and genders welcome, the more the merrier.

Thanks.

Ollie, 07782166616