Light weight body armour

gregwari
gregwari Posts: 230
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi all

Any suggestions for light weight body armour for trail riding in the alps? Ideally short sleeved, I'm looking for something that'll take the sting out of any falls down singletrack trails rather than full on black graded DH runs...
On a similar note I've seen the fox titan on Evans, does anyone own one / provide a brief review??

cheers

Comments

• sofaboy73
    sofaboy73 Posts: 574
    depend how much / where you want the cover and protection.

for everyday hooning around the peak district i always wear the 661 sub gear short sleeved, but thats due to having a dodgy shoulder and needing some protection. works well though, helps wick the sweat and you forget youre wearing it. having crash tested it, its definately saved a trip to a&e

recently i been looking for some more 'full on' protection for odd up lift day, alps, sessioning wharncliffe and came across this troy lee 'soft' armour

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=59939

looks like it's a good compormise bewteen protection and comfort / flexibility. I don't really see the need for a full on hard shell pressure suit unless you're doing serious down hill and this seem to fit the bill. they also do another (cheaper) version with less padding around the waist

be interested to hear if anyones tried it?