Gloves that won't fall apart - under £20?

ilovedirt
ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
As in the title, I need some gloves that won't fall apart super fast and cost under £20. I'd like them to last about a year, ideally. endura are out - last pair of them I bought fell apart really fast.
Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5

Comments

• peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    My Nema Breather gloves have proved pretty tough so far. Proving tougher than my old Royal Air's. Would still buy the Air's if they were still available though, there was just something about the shape of them that made them perfect for me.
  • ilovedirt
    Sweet, was looking at them on CRC actually and thought they looked good.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I don't think i've had a pair of gloves that have lasted longer than 6 months. Interested to see some options.
  • ilovedirt
    Yeah me neither, maybe it's just wishful thinking!
    Actually I've had my Royal Crowns since last august and they've only just fallen apart recently, maybe I should buy another pair of those!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • bennett_346
    I've always spent under 15 or so quid so maybe i get what i've paid for, so the pair of gloves i just bought were £25 royals. See if the cost actually makes a difference.
  • ilovedirt
    The victory? Tempted by them... Might get the nemas though, it's nice not to have to play about with velcro, especially if that breaks and you end up with loose gloves with flappy bits (or is it just 661 that do that?)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • bennett_346
    Yeah the victory. Although i'll admit the main reason was i wanted something blue that matched my dakine jersey lol. I've done the whole velcro and not velcro thing and its nice to have no velcro until you stretch the tighter bit around the wrist and they no longer stay up.
  • estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    last 10 years i have used these

http://www.biketart.com/89924/products/ ... tAodC2IAnQ

other colours are available...
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    estampida wrote:
    last 10 years i have used these

They must be a bit dirty by now.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Aldi last really well for the price, as do Planet-X/On-oner perhaps, but less than £20/year equivalent, and if you come off and damage them...less loss!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    http://direct.asda.com/Bell-Shasta-Cycl ... lt,pd.html
    these are actually pretty sturdy and comfy,
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    bought a couple of pairs of fox ones about 8 months ago. the more expensive ones (£25) are of worse quality than the cheaper ones (£15).
  • Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    I got some 661 comps for under £15 that I've had 18 months, the Velcro came off one last week, but I can't find them on sale anywhere!!!!!!
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • ilovedirt
    Woodmonkey wrote:
    I got some 661 comps for under £15 that I've had 18 months, the Velcro came off one last week, but I can't find them on sale anywhere!!!!!!
    Yeah I had some of them, I found that the velcro was crap and it was in a silly place so they never stayed done up.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5