*ank holiday monday thread

bg13
bg13 Posts: 4,598
edited May 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Stuck in bastion awaiting a flight home! Due to depart late tonight arriving home tomorrow afternoon!

When i would rather be drinking cider in a lovely country pubs back garden getting sunburnt, like i hope you will all be doing, then telling me how good it was!

Onwards to mind numbing blah and meh, lots of meh!
Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
Ribble Audax
On One Scandal 29er

Comments

• thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!

Up early as I'm off to Ladybower for a lap or two to see how I get on. Really lacking motivation though, so as a result, I've been taking it easy. Still need to change a puncture before i set off :roll:
    Weather looks ok for most the day, but the wind is a bit strong and chilly. Still, should be a nice day.

Nice point today though, I discovered I must have my fridge set to the perfect setting as I had milk in there that apparently expired on the 23rd May, but still tasted and smelt fine today. Win!

Right, on with my weetabix and tea then to the Peaks!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Morning all,

Had a great day yesterday. Me and a mate ride Cwmcarn via the moors and the women and kids drove up to the top car park. They had the BBQ and burgers on the go by the time we got there :) burgers were eaten, the park was played on and just generally chilled out in the sun. Then I hammered it down the dh track to meet them at the bottom 8)

Laters
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Quality ride around the Marin, Llanrwst and Capel Curig yesterday. The 5 1/2hour, 300 mile round trip was a bit of a bugger though. You can tell its summer, I've got a suntan, but only between where my glove ended and sleeve started.

Back in work today, though I've scheduled in a couple of minion's 'job chats' to share the pain.

toodles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,526
    welshkev wrote:
    Morning all,

Had a great day yesterday. Me and a mate ride Cwmcarn via the moors and the women and kids drove up to the top car park. They had the BBQ and burgers on the go by the time we got there :) burgers were eaten, the park was played on and just generally chilled out in the sun. Then I hammered it down the dh track to meet them at the bottom 8)

Laters
    I was there yesterday and smelt those burgers as we went past in the Cwmdown van - was starving at the time!

Morning Gits,

Off to Bedgebury shortly for a bit a pootling on the bike with the kids, that's all for now...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    No bank holiday here today
    Strangely enough it's a quiet day, so I am resorting to interwebz to keep me otherwise occupied
    Had a good weekend, so the lull before the storm that will be from Tuesday onwards is welcome

Wishing my Crudder pals on the Isle a nice sunny day off (for once)
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Just got back and showered from Ladybower. Great ride out. Covered just shy of 12 miles in 2 hours with about 2,000ft climbing. I was slow, but I kept forcing myself to try riding uphill, as well as down. And I have to say, having been to Antur a couple of times, my downhill skills have vastly improved! I was flying down Blackley Hey and Hagg Side like never before!
    Great day out, and great weather. Now I have targets and goals to improve on.

Knackered and starving though!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Stalked Waylander round the FoD today for two loops of the red and one of the blue. He made it safely and is not currently inhabiting a ditch somewhere in the forest. It's only just started raining. I'm now building hotwheels tracks and having nerf gun fights. The mothership is not impressed as I promised to do the hoovering when I got back but I'm avoiding it. Long may my chore avoidance continue...
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Evening ladies..

I have discovered bringing sweets allows survival from the ditch when being stalked.. useful tip people.

Had a couple of spins out on the bike this weekend and hid at my rents from the evil house mates so all in a good bank holiday, no idea what to do with my evening now i'm back in the port.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Hello throbbers

Say on my sofa enjoying monico gp as somehow I managed to avoid the result since yesterday!

Great day today as I woke up without a hangover despite my best efforts at yesterday's christening, with a fantastic pork based hotel breakfast, a decent swim with the kids and then a nice 4.5 hr ride back.

Christ I'm bored with this gp (lap 15)
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    FFS I have 2 more days off this week that makes 5 this month.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    What do you actually do?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    At the moment a lot less than I want/need to do.

It is just the way th bank holiday have fallen this year. On mainland Europe they take hen when they fall and fit in "squeeze" days. So back holiday on Thursday which mean Friday is off as well.

And no fucker told me. And here was me agreeing to deadlines thinking I had 10 days not 8!
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown