Problem with Formula T1 brake

Coxy_UK
Coxy_UK Posts: 297
edited May 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Just got my new bike with Formula T1 brakes. The back one feels fine but the front one has very little power indeed. However, if I adjust the reach all the way out it then feels it has the power it should, but I can't ride that way I only have small hands!

Unfortunately they don't have contact point adjustment, only lever reach. Anyone know what the issue is please? Does it maybe need a top up with fluid? Or a complete bleed?

Many thanks
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Tides of sin draw tighter and brighter, hours become heavier and weighted, and the shadows smile...dark and wild.
<font color="blue">My Stumpy FSR Pic 1</font id="blue">
<font color="red">My Stumpy FSR Pic 2</font id="red">

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    go ride about they will come good as they bed in.

and check the rotor is not being moved by the pads.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Coxy_UK
    Coxy_UK Posts: 297
    I did the bed in procedure then hit the trails yesterday so I don't think that's the issue and just checked the rotor isn't moved.

I think they only have good power with the lever reach out as I get more pull distance that way maybe? My thinking is maybe it needs more fluid in the system but really I have no idea.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    Tides of sin draw tighter and brighter, hours become heavier and weighted, and the shadows smile...dark and wild.
    <font color="blue">My Stumpy FSR Pic 1</font id="blue">
    <font color="red">My Stumpy FSR Pic 2</font id="red">