3rd ride, 30 miler.

ct8282
ct8282 Posts: 414
edited May 2013 in Road beginners
Seen a few of these posts this morning understandably as the weather is perfect today. Like many of you I got up early and set off to try and extend my miles. Its only my 3rd ever ride of a road bike and I managed 30 miles and a pretty acceptable average of 15.2mph and 1110ft elevation. Some pretty long climbs which got the heart rate up too so all in all a very pleasant ride, and the best part was the regular 'good mornings' from fellow cyclists whizzing passed on the other side of the road. Happy days.

https://www.strava.com/activities/56314070

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Wery good, its beautiful weather - i think the first 30 is harder than the fifty cos people normally do it with very little riding and they go by feel - people normally do fifties with a bit of forethought - well done - keep it up :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Davdandy
    Davdandy Posts: 571
    Well done mate.Every milestone is worthy of congrats.

The weather certainly has been great this weekend,perfect for cycling.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Congrats,that a very good ride for your third one,so kudos to you.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • Congrats. I too done my first 30 today so can guess how pleased you are with yourself. ... bring on the 50! ;)
  • gazhilla
    gazhilla Posts: 48
    Well done, good riding :)
  • ct8282
    ct8282 Posts: 414
    Thanks guys. Just popped out for a quick 30 mins and holy moly my ass is hurting from yesterday!!