Burnt Sunday morning thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,859
edited May 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning

After yesterday's 103 mile ride I am burnt like a sunbathing ginger.

Shoot nights sleep as we are at the sister in laws and has to share with the kids :-(

Today is a christening followed by champagne and hopefully a big enough family room in the hotel that enables a decent sleep. Though as its going to be a druken afair, we should be ok. Right, now it's time to either clean cars or go for a spin in the Malvern hills...

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    insomnia like a fucking bitch, but still i've gotta leave the house. EDL rioting less than 10 mins from my nan's house, suspect half the shops will be closed. Gonna try putting a massive amount of miles in today. Need to at least push toward the 25 mile barrier
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Today will involve sausages.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • unquestioned
    unquestioned Posts: 172
    Got into work at 7, bike was strapped to the roof though so think I will have to head further inwards to the mountains at 10 to do something enjoyable.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    All finished fettling war machines, all shizzle handed in, flight tonight to a different part of "the stan" Then hopefully a flight tomorrow a bit closer to the uk, then land somewhere friendly and cooler than here on tuesday!

Then BEER! and some proper bacons, this muck out here just didn't cut it!

@ Matthew H, stop being so fit, you're letting us all down on here!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Pretty sure I'm still drunk.

Quick blat round Afan yesterday, then out for mates bday. Speeddboats, bowling and much drinking ensued. I got in at 5am. Rest day today, More bacon later.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Bg13 - paying for it now(ish) sat in the sun drinking champagne :-)
  • 97th choice
    Just checked my bike and it isn't muddy, it has this weird light brown powdery residue all over it.

Seems familiar, just can't quite remember when I've seen it before.

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    matthew h wrote:
    ... I am burnt like a sunbathing ginger.
    Heeeyyy, that's not nice! :(

Afternoon Losers!

Busy morning so far. Had to explain to a friend that she had great boobs, and she really needed to stop jiggling them in front of me unless she wanted her head to be turned backwards before she hit the ditch. It's been a tough morning!

This afternoon I have an opticians appointment, so I will have to choose new glasses. Whooo :roll: At least once I have the prescription, I can order some proper cycling ones too :)

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Afternoon,

Good blast round whites yesterday, was dry and rocky and much preferred the new final decent. Catching up with a old friend today then this week begging looking for somewhere to live as the person I live with has decided to sell up and the house goes on the market in the next week or two, stressful times ahead.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Just checked my bike and it isn't muddy, it has this weird light brown powdery residue all over it.

Seems familiar, just can't quite remember when I've seen it before.

I did The Verderers Trail at FoD this morning and my bike was also covered in the aforementioned residue at the end of the ride.
    Someone said it is called 'dust'. I'm going to look it up on Google or Wikipaedia...
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Afternoon bumders

Just been out for a rather pleasant 85 miles on the roadie. Now chilling back at the house eating ice creams. Win.
  • 97th choice
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Afternoon bumders

Just been out for a rather pleasant 85 miles on the roadie. Now chilling back at the house eating ice creams. Win.

Gay as wiggins.

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    -_- tried clipping in to my flats several times today, totally forgot I wasn't using spd's. On the plus side found some old trail, granted what went down had to come up, the hard way!
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    I get the feeling I was being followed home. A car followed me from the motorway for quite a way (I don't take the 'direct' route home) and seemed to wait for me to indicate first. I managed to pull out in front of a slow moving car that would have slowed them down, and then shot off up a side street, and then onto another. Then just when I thought the coast was now clear, I saw the car pass the road I had gone off. Luckily it went the wrong way and I never saw it again, but it's a scary thing as I was wary that I had the bike rack on the roof :?

Think I'll be double checking the bikes are insured tonight!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • unquestioned
    unquestioned Posts: 172
    Got a bit lost on the mountains & ended up in Balmoral estate, signs everywhere saying 'NO ADMITTANCE PEASANTS', armed copper says he'd let us pass & to go up that road a few miles til we find a fire road then just hang left.
    Anyway, off we go, coming down the rather steep road is a big ol range rover, single track so we hop off & let it pass.

It's the bloody queen driving it! Just nipping around. Bit unusual that.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Evening Mongs,

Been up since the crack of dawn, just got back home to darkest Kent after a days uplift at Cwmcarn. Dry, dusty and a bit sketchy in parts but not bad once I'd got back into the rhythm of it: was sweating like a barsteward wearing my body armour and a FF helmet. I now ache in several places but avoided injury and being the slowest person on the track, which is 2 wins in my books.

About to sup some whisky to help a good nights kip, then off to Bedgebury for a bit of tame cycling tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]