First 40 miler

Kingsmill1
Kingsmill1 Posts: 103
edited May 2013 in Road beginners
Well today weather was ok so I thought I would push a little further on my new Giant TCR, I'm training for my first sportive which is in August and managed 40 miles average speed of 15.5 mph in 2hrs 33 mins and 1607 elev gain ( whatever that means). I know its no a great deal of miles but we all had to start somewhere, I am going to try and do this once a month on top of my usual mileage so I'm not completely wasted the following day. Got to say the TCR is a great bike previously had a Allez sport but the giant climbs well and is very comfortable.
Giant TCR Comp 2
Specialized Allez Sport

Comments

• gaddster
    gaddster Posts: 401
    1607 feet or metres? Hilly for 40 if it was metres..how long is the sportive?
    ARTHUR
    "Hello oh great one"
    LARRY
    "Are you talking to me or my ass?"
  • Kingsmill1
    Kingsmill1 Posts: 103
    just checked ft - its a 40 miler sportive again not a long one but once Ive done one i'll move on to some longer ones during the remainder of the summer ( sorry warm period between rain and cold).
    Giant TCR Comp 2
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    congrats on the 40,its a sound milestone.the 1607 elevation is the amount of climbing you did on the ride.Keep practising the hills for your sportive.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • gbredneck
    gbredneck Posts: 16
    Congratulations mate, i also got my first 40 miler in yesterday, and feel its quite an achievement. Still want to go for more miles next time, but am just happy to get to 40, i seem to have been stuck around the 30-32's for ages, almost like a mental barrier i think.

Anyway well done.
    Road - Raleigh Airlite 400 : Hybrid - Sirrus Comp 2013 : MTB - Orange Clockwork (2013)
    And still not quick enough!
  • gubber12345
    gubber12345 Posts: 493
    well done kingsmill ongetting your first 40 in.got mine about 2 mths ago now and had a grin like a quarter moon.wasnt to long after that I followed up with my first 50 and then 60 and you'll be the same.

congrats buddy and superb effort well done.
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • Fil6914
    Fil6914 Posts: 74
    Well done on the 40 I hope to follow you real soon, I'm upto 30 in 4 weeks so it shouldn't be too long

Phil
    Road - Giant Defy 0
    Road - carrera virtuoso
    MTB - Kona cindercone MTB 1997